Billy Wu
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four heroes are all in the same space. The zombie player plays the "This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth" card making two of the four players miss their turn. Now one of the other players, not missing their turn, wants to get a weapon from one of the players that is currently missing their turn. Is this allowed?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hee hee, I'm just imagining the theme..
"Ooooh"
"Ahhh"
"oo"
"hey uh, sorry to interrupt, but could you just grab this butcher knife?"
"oooh"
"ah ah ah"
" i'll just uh, leave it here shall i?"
"oooooooooooooooooh"
"uhhh, I'll just be.....over there, carry on,"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awwwkward!!!!!

I think no. weapons and items have to be passed on the possessing players turn. No turn, no pass the ____!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:
awwwkward!!!!!

I think no. weapons and items have to be passed on the possessing players turn. No turn, no pass the ____!

Actually, that is not entirely correct.

"Page 11, 2) Exchange Items "After a Hero has completed his Move Action, he may exchange any number of items with other Heroes in the same space. This is a back and forth exchange, so all Heroes in the space may both give and receive Items with the Hero who is currently taking his turn."

That said, the answer to the question is still 'NO'. Heroes who lose their turn can take no actions.

Following posted in another thread from Jason Hill:

"When a Hero gives up (or loses) their turn, they may not Move, Exchange Items, or Make a Ranged Attack. They DO still have to Fight Zombies in their space unless whatever caused them to lose the turn says otherwise (such as "This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth...")."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TCBOLNOE means you don't have to fight zombies?
I mean c'mon you are giving off heat, probably not being very quiet (possibly last time and all that) and are probably not really paying attention to possible zombies munching on your buttocks.
So what are the zombies doing? watching?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now one of the other players, not missing their turn, wants to get a weapon from one of the players that is currently missing their turn. Is this allowed?

YES, I believe they are allowed to do so. The action of exchanging an item affects a player during "their turn" not for the duration of the "Heroes Turn".

To back this up I'm going to quote the designer from another thread regarding TCBOLNOE.

Quote:
Any card which refers to the 'Hero Turn' means the whole turn (not the individuals). If a card says 'the turn', it means the whole turn; while if a card says 'their turn' it refers to an individual Hero.

The terminology can be a little tricky (and may be reworded for clarity in the future), but anytime something refers to the 'Zombie Turn' or the 'Hero Turn' it means the whole thing. (If anything gets renamed for clarity, it will be the indivdual Hero's sequence of actions).

I hope that helps.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

TCBOLNOE is simliar to Bickering in which both refer to heroes losing "their turn". It doesn't prevent another hero from taking the exchange action during their turn. So I'm qualifying my answer with how the designer answered a similar question here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/234606
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:

"When a Hero gives up (or loses) their turn, they may not Move, Exchange Items, or Make a Ranged Attack. They DO still have to Fight Zombies in their space unless whatever caused them to lose the turn says otherwise (such as "This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth...")."

I presume that he means that they cannot INITIATE "Exchange Items" on their turn. I think Jason is saying that the guy losing his turn skips those phases. I don't know that he meant that they cannot respond to another person's Exchange Items action. For example, a character who has completed their turn and has no ability to do anything else for the remainder of the turn can still interact with another "Exchange Items" action initiated by someone else on their turn.

Jason, care to chime in on this?

Lee Valentine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.