United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me what this game is? I saw it being played but I can't remember the title.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Crude: The Oil Game - Very rare and cool game. I did a session report a couple weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks. I didn't realize it was so old. It looked...modern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The date on the entry for McMulti is a little misleading. That is the release of its first iteration as Crude; the McMulti pictured was released about 1988.

I enjoy the game, though sometimes the game situation can cause it to bog down; especially if the economy turns sour, or if no doubles are rolled to push the market along. All in all, I prefer to the alternative rules of giving players another $100K to start the game to get it progressing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
The date on the entry for McMulti is a little misleading. That is the release of its first iteration as Crude; the McMulti pictured was released about 1988.

I enjoy the game, though sometimes the game situation can cause it to bog down; especially if the economy turns sour, or if no doubles are rolled to push the market along. All in all, I prefer to the alternative rules of giving players another $100K to start the game to get it progressing.

There's a great house rule that pushes the economy a little faster - check the page for details since I can't remember it in my post bgg.con brain fuzz hangover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
skelebone wrote:

There's a great house rule that pushes the economy a little faster - check the page for details since I can't remember it in my post bgg.con brain fuzz hangover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw it in the library and tried to convince someone else browsing the library to play it with me, with no luck. (I did end up playing something else with them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
skelebone wrote:

We played the above said game with the variant you mentioned. Not sure if it slows the game too much or not. Sometimes movement in trend makes it more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Why, Aldie, I think that:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my copy there, and if I remember right I think there's a one-page sheet of variations (for the original game, "Crude") included. We often play with the "Countdown Die" to make the economy cycle a little more predictable because it can take forever to get doubles sometimes.

Basically, add a die in the middle of the board, set it to "6". If one of the dice rolled on a turn is greater than or equal to the Countdown Die, reduce the value of the Countdown Die one level. If both dice rolled on a turn are greater than or equal to the Countdown Die, then the economy changes and roll the Countdown Die to see the next economy stage.

I ran the statistics once and it makes for each economy stage usually lasting around 4-6 player turns

- Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.