Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
We entered the 4th scenario on our tour through the Memoir '44 with my wife Hilary owning a 2 flag lead (we're playing that you have to win by 2 or by getting to 7 flags). After having been swept in the Sword Beach scenario, my dignity was on the line.

Hilary was the Axis and I was the Allies. I got a pretty bad draw as 3 of my first 5 cards were on the right flank where the German artillery is and where their position is generally strongest. I thought I might be able to power a couple of units over and take out the infantry in the bunker. However, after moving 2 units into the right flank, one of them was immediately destroyed when Hilary rolled all hits on the 4 combined dice from her artillery and the infantry in the bunker. I used my next move to retreat the stranded unit (not having any center cards to give him back up).

I did manage to get a few left flank cards by this point and was able to get up onto the hills and start working on her units. I was able to take out 3 of them while losing only 1 more, putting me up 3-2.

Unfortunately I continued card dead with only a bunch of cards on the right flank. I tried to make a "suicide run" using the remaining unit that initially had tried to assault the right flank. I got one move away before she finished me off.

However, now it was her turn to go card dead and I took out the 2 units in the center without losing any, giving me a 4-3 lead (normally enough for win, but I had to win by 2). I was then able to move a unit into one of the forest hexes to finish her off 5-3.

This session was fun for me. I had a plan of attack, it failed, but I was able to regroup and win anyway. Of course it helped that the Allies hold a significant advantage in this scenario.

Running Totals
Pegasus Bridge: Chris 6, Hilary 4
Sainte-Mere-Eglise: Chris 6, Hilary 6
Sword Beach: Chris 8, Hilary 12
Pointe-du-Hoc: Chris 5, Hilary 3 (unfinished)

Total: Chris 25, Hilary 25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sauronNice report. This is a fun game. Not only must you condend with the dice rolls, but with the random elements of card draws. I feel this imulates the chaos and how you realign your strategy with actual warfare quite well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.