Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First of all Chad, outstanding game. I resisted the hype for a long time, but finally succumbed last week. I can't believe I waited so long!
Excellent game. But I have a couple of questions:

1) I was playing scenario #2, and received the weapon team with the Infantry gun. The weapon team then got wiped out, does that mean the IG stays in that hex? Or is it gone?

2) How many times can you activate a leader to use Artillery Request?

Thanks for any help,

Jared

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a newbie also, but I'll try to answer your questions and let the veterans correct me if I'm wrong.

1. If the unit was carrying the IG gets killed then the the IG is gone as well. You can't have a weapon alone by itself in a hex without a unit or hero to carry it.

2. I think you can activate a unit (i.e. team, squad, or leader) only once. You can activate a hero as many times as you want within the limits of the number of orders you are allowed to play. You can probably play as many action cards as your hand allows though.

I'm not so sure about the answer to the second question, but that's why we have this forum for others to help out.

Good luck and enjoy CC:E!

tacman88 wrote:
First of all Chad, outstanding game. I resisted the hype for a long time, but finally succumbed last week. I can't believe I waited so long!
Excellent game. But I have a couple of questions:

1) I was playing scenario #2, and received the weapon team with the Infantry gun. The weapon team then got wiped out, does that mean the IG stays in that hex? Or is it gone?

2) How many times can you activate a leader to use Artillery Request?

Thanks for any help,

Jared
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
1) IG Gun is eliminated as stated in 11.3, last paragraph.

2) Depends on the leader. A non-hero Leader can be activated only once per turn, so can be ordered via Artillery Request only once. (And each Artillery Request card only brings in one spotting round...)

A hero is a leader than can be activated multiple times, so a hero can be activated multiple times. If you had two Artillery Request cards in hand, you could activate the hero twice - once for each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
1) IG Gun is eliminated as stated in 11.3, last paragraph.

2) Depends on the leader. A non-hero Leader can be activated only once per turn, so can be ordered via Artillery Request only once. (And each Artillery Request card only brings in one spotting round...)

A hero is a leader than can be activated multiple times, so a hero can be activated multiple times. If you had two Artillery Request cards in hand, you could activate the hero twice - once for each card.

So I was right? Just checking =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
First of all Chad, outstanding game.

Thank you, Sir!

Quote:
I resisted the hype for a long time, but finally succumbed last week.

Your journey towards the Dark Side is now complete.

Quote:
I can't believe I waited so long!

Me either. The spam junk-mail to your home address will now cease. laugh

(btw, Ken and Richard are both correct in their answers to your questions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Jones
United States
Warrior
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a newbie question as well.

If in the scenario setup, Fat Lipki for example, if there are no radios, artillery cannot be used correct? So the Artillery Request cards cannot be used as orders then, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, Joey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.