Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find this information on the USPS website, but do any of you know the size limitations (in terms of box size and weight) for International First-Class shipping? It's not for information for BGG Secret Santa. I swear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bakalchuck
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wittdooley wrote:
I can't find this information on the USPS website, but do any of you know the size limitations (in terms of box size and weight) for International First-Class shipping? It's not for information for BGG Secret Santa. I swear.

You probably looked under international(which is a reasonable place to look) and that's why you didn't find it

It's in DMM(Domestic Mail Manual), gotta love the post office.

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/full/mailingStand...

That's the link. Section 601 tells you everything you ever wanted to know about what is mailable, including a host of things you probably don't want to know.

Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wowzers... that is QUITE comprehensive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
wittdooley wrote:
It's not for information for BGG Secret Santa. I swear.

Well if anyone else is considering buying a new game then shipping it for secret santa, etc...

... you may want to consider having the USA online retailer ship it International directly and let them know to not include the invoice. Then you can save on paying to ship the game twice (unless it's part of a larger order that you are getting free shipping to you anyway).

Also consider looking for an online retailer in the other country and have it shipped directly to the recipient (also requesting they leave out the invoice in the package)... not only would they get it quicker, but it could also be cheaper than shipping overseas. In Germany check out www.playme.de (you could also use them to ship within Europe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears to me that buying domestically with a large order and getting free shipping, then shipping it out, is probably cheaper than having an international store ship it. This may not be the case for all, but it appears that it will be the case for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wittdooley wrote:
It appears to me that buying domestically with a large order and getting free shipping, then shipping it out, is probably cheaper than having an international store ship it. This may not be the case for all, but it appears that it will be the case for me.

Admit it, I think it's just an excuse for you to buy more games for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.