Subject: control of resource cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mateusz Dobrowolski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding controlo of resource cards.

On page 15 it says:

2. Lose Resources Cards: To avoid losing the Resources acquired thus far in the game, a player must meet both of following conditions for each Resoource card he holds at this point:
- he must have a base on the corresponding planet. If he does not, he loses all the resources cards fot that planet
- the area corresponding to each resource card must not contain any enemy unit or a base

This is all clear.

But on the same page it says in the TIP:

If the enemy builds a base on a planet where you previously gained Resources cards from empty areas, you retain control of those resources unit the ememy takes control of those areas.

Because of this TIP I'm totaly lost, as it says different things then the paragraph above :/

Opponent is able to build a base on the planet only if there is no other base there. When we don't have the base on the planet we loose all the resource cards. And in the TIP it says that when oponent builds a base you keep those resource cards you gathered earlier until he gets control of those areas. But how is that possible? as you can't keep those resource cards because you don't have the base on this planet.... this is realy confusing

Can anyone explain me those resource cards? and when do we exactly keep them and when not? it's hard to understand this from rules :/

that's my only problem with the rules so far, but I can't get to play without sorting this out - please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I see where you're getting confused. It is not that only one player can have a base on a planet, but that EACH player can only have one base on a planet. So more than one player can have a base on a planet at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Dobrowolski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blush your right thanks.... i thought there can be only one base one the planet, but there can only be one base on planet per player, i didn't read enough cerfuly i guess

now all is clear, thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick K

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
The other thing to keep in mind is that the first player to receive the resource card has somewhat of an advantage.

Say that a planet has three areas (A, B and C) and P1 builds a base on area A leaving areas B and C empty with no units. P1 then gets all 3 resource cards.

Now P2 comes along and builds on area C but area B remains empty. In the regrouping phase P1 will lose the resource card from area C (but keeps both A and B). P2 will receive resource card C.

So P1 and P2 both have one base on the planet but P1 has more resource cards. This is why that TIP is on the page in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.