Subject: Map quick reference? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
One of the first things that I thought would be useful was a little A5 or smaller map that each player could use to check things without having to lean over and stare at the main map. I was kind of surprised that such a thing was not in the download section here and I couldn't find one or anything like that on the DoW web site either. I guess that DoW doesn't want copies of the map available for free then? I can understand this if true since the layout of the map is a large part of what they are selling.

Probably I won't need this anyway. Eventually my American geography will catch up and I won't have to search the main map for my route every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
A small map like what the Dracula player receives in Fury of Dracula isn't a bad idea. I imagine it hasn't been a pressing issue because the cards themselves give a general idea of where the destination is located.

I have played against quite a few people (US Citizens mind you) that still ask "Where the heck is ... ?" and I tell them to look at their card. They always seem to find it rather quickly after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an image of the game board in the image gallery, you could print that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see that nos that you mention it. I mean, I could have REALLY used a mini map of Switzerland, especially for the city to country routes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have a heck of a time finding cities on the europe map. I know the ticket cards target the cities, but they always seem off to me. "I know it's around here somewhere.." meanwhile searching in ever expanding concentric circles...

I really like an idea a friend of mine had. You know how road maps have a city index that lists the grid block the city is located in? With letters across the side and numbers across the top, chicago would be listed in C-5 (or whatever). The map board for "on the underground" actually uses this. Anyway, my friend's idea was to use the victory point track as a similar coordinate system. For example, Madrid would be NS: 23-97 WE: 3-67

I haven't been motivated enough yet to make a coordinate list for every city. Someday... someday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
I really like an idea a friend of mine had. You know how road maps have a city index that lists the grid block the city is located in? With letters across the side and numbers across the top, chicago would be listed in C-5 (or whatever). The map board for "on the underground" actually uses this.

As for myself, when playing OtU I found I was finding the cities a lot faster once I stopped using the coordinates and just started glancing at the picture on each card! Likewise, I never have a problem with the TtR tickets - except these Switzerland ones that don't actually show you where the city is at all, ugh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for this tip. Both myself and another player had brought printed out versions of the map for reference during play.

There is so little down time in TTR that I found it a huge help to have a map reference next to me so that I could more quickly check what routes I needed to fill my tickets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.