Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauro Fiorelli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Randy,

first of all thank you for your answers. They were a lot because I like this game very much and I don't want to play it having any doubt about rules.

While I was waiting for your reply, I played another campaign game with a friend and we would have other clarifications; in detail:

A) Army boundary: with reference to rule 5.4, which is Army boundary termination point for each of them? I suppose they may be the following:
- 6th & 7th: hex 1730
- 5th & 6th: hex 2417
Then, I'm not sure that mech units of 6th Army may move along road beginning at hex 0915 through 2417 but only above of it.

B) ZOC and Meuse river: ZOC extends all hexes except Meuse river but I think a unit exerts a ZOC in the hex next to any bridge over Meuse... correct?

C) Allied movement restriction: rule 15.2 says only US units that start the game in an enemy ZOC have their full movement allowance. Is this also true for any unit that starts its movement in enemy ZOC after German 1st turn?
This doubt arose in my mind after reading rule 15.3 about movement of US artillery units: "...If a German unit advanced adjacent to an artillery unit, it is free to move its full move allowance".

D) US reinforcement on 17 AM turn: arty unit 422 enters map at B road. I think this unit has no future because it can be easily destroyed by German units of 7th Army. It's simple: I place a couple of units 2 hexes away from B so arty is obliged to enter because B is not in enemy ZOC; then if it moves again, it has to stop due enemy ZOC. So I wonder if there's a mistake on Allied Order of appearance chart, that is, arty 422 may enter map also in A road together with US infantry 8/22....

E) Random Event at 18 AM turn: both Events #1 and #4 refer to "a hex north of an Army Boundary" but what is this hex? 1730, 2417 or other?

F) PEIPER alternative - about rule #10: how many times and when KG Peiper can be combined and/or breakdown? Is there a limit?

G) PEIPER leader unit - about rule #5: I wonder which is the sense of this rule since both Peiper leader units are exactly the same?

I'm looking for BW Expansion Kit but it's difficult to retrieve here in Italy... any suggestion?

thank again, I really enjoyed this game!
Mauro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Witkowski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Mauro,
Here are some answers for you:
A) Army boundary
- 6th & 7th: hex 1730>>>Correct
- 5th & 6th: hex 2417>>>Correct

The 5th may use the road starting at 0915-2417, they may attack north of it but not move north of it.
The 6th can not use the road at all.

B) A ZOC does not extend across a Meuse HEX-SIDE, even with a bridge.

C) The American unit needs to Start the Game in a ZOC, not the US turn. Units that have full movement are: 99/393, 99/394, 14Cav, 106/422, 106, 423, 9/CCA, 4/12, 28/109, 28/110 and the 28/112.

D) You can hold the unit back and have it come in on a future turn in any southern edge “Lettered” hex.

E) North of the 5th-6th Panzer Army boundary.

F) No limit.

G) You can use the other Peiper counter if the SS atrocity random event happens.
Enjoy Your game.
Ed W, Hooked on Deluxe Bitter Woods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gedeone wrote:
I'm looking for BW Expansion Kit but it's difficult to retrieve here in Italy... any suggestion?

Some time ago I ordered my copy at The Games Store in the UK. It took a while but finally I got where I payed for. I've taken a look at their website and they appear to have another copy of DBW expansion. Look at:

http://www.tgs.co.uk/store/c_viewitem.asp?idproduct=23739

Maybe it's worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Fiorelli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edwski wrote:
Hi Mauro,
Here are some answers for you:

B) A ZOC does not extend across a Meuse HEX-SIDE, even with a bridge.

Uhm, strange rule 'cause generally units exert ZOC in hexes through a bridge...btw, OK!

edwski wrote:

D) You can hold the unit back and have it come in on a future turn in any southern edge “Lettered” hex.

I'm not sure of it since rule about delayed reinforcements is different: that is, I can hold reinf for one turn (and not more than one, I think...) only if a "Lettered" hex is occupied by an enemy unit or it's in enemy ZOC. So if I place units 2 hexes away from entry hex, reinf units must enter the map. Is it correct or do I miss something?

edwski wrote:

G) You can use the other Peiper counter if the SS atrocity random event happens.
Enjoy Your game.
Ed W, Hooked on Deluxe Bitter Woods

Ok for random event, but I was wondering why both PEIPER leader units have the same factors other then picture.

thanks, Mauro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Witkowski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Mauro,
The rule for Delayed Reinforcements, 16.3 states "...until a later gameturn."
The Blocked entry hex rule only apples if the reinforcements are coming in on the original gameturn, not if they are held back.
The 2 peiper counters just provide variety.
The extra German aircraft also ad some variety to the game.
enjoy playing it.

ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.