Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that several other people had arrived, a group of us decided to play Cartagena. Players in this game were Mike (the Pirat-y looking one), Dana, Mike (the winner of the Schnappchen Jagd game), Nick, and myself. This game was new to Dana and Nick. Of course, the Pirate-resembling Mike started things off. I benefitted from being the last player. Nick made the error of leaving all the Bottle spaces occupied, when all the players had Bottle cards. Luckily, I had three of them. Three Skull cards on my next turn let me get my 4th and 5th Pirates on the boat with a hand of enough cards to guarantee saving my final Pirate on the following round.

There's a nice balance in this game, between defensive play (not allowing following players long moves), card collection, and having enough Pirates in the corridor to allow flexibility. I tend to overplay toward the card collection side, so I was very lucky to be the first to take advantage of the Bottle Road as soon as it opened up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.