Peter R.
Italy
Bozen
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This day we played a total of 4 Canal Grande games.
This report is an overview on this 4 games.
My girlfriend needed some games to get used to the mechanics but now really likes this game. I am quite lucky, because I like this game very much. The first game however was lost by myself because I tried some new tactic in forming the piles. My girlfriend never fell for the traps I was hiding. The more I play this game the more I realise that it is essential to draw the three cards after each round. As this time I tried to open up with some quick votes, I took the bigger pile and had to build up piles continously.
The second game however all was back to normal:
I won it quite easily. My girlfriend got almost angry over my big win and decided to have a final match (best of three)!
I agreed and soon we battled again over the leadership of Venice. This time I had three violet cards right after the first draw. I aimed to get control over this district.
The first vote was won easily and I even got the fourth violet district-card.cool
When I played the second vote, she played her violet card to count my card and played 4 cards attached to 2 gondolas. I wanted to win this second vote so much that I overbid her and finally won. But my hand was almost empty!???
Then bad luck came into play as she managed to grap 2 violet cards from myself. angry
So I had to build decks in order to get this cards back before she could play them.???
The game went on and she won vote after vote in the various districts, but she never played the violet cards.
I got the one violet card in the deck and won the third vote in this district.She had to build decks with two "Doge" ,one Traitor, a Gondola and one district card. I took the deck with Doge and traitor. She had seven cards in her hand. two of them where still "my" violet cards. I pulled the card and ... it was a violet district card. But my hand was very limited. I played my three gondolas with each one district card. 4 points. She couldn't play a higher number of district cards because she lacked of gondolas. This was really bad luck for her. This was the closest match we ever had played. If she could have played before or if I hadn't drawn the violet card she would have won.
So we played a fourth match. This time I won again, but again the match was quite close. This had been 2 hours of true suspense for both of us. Really really great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.