Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a toughie.

I was a slacker for most of the year, not doing session reports to send to my group and not updating GameTracker with our games played. We were keeping records in a notebook, but I was not doing anything with them.

I have reformed, entering games and writing session reports with regularity.

I also started entering the games played before I turned it around so that I can figure out things like our most played game of the year. I have been going backwards from when I got back up to speed.

Tonight I got to June 2nd. There is a game record there that I neglected to write down the name of the game and I can't figure out what it was.

Three of us played and it looks like there were three rounds, since I have three numbers under each player's name. The scores were

Player A- 8, 8, 4
Player B- 2, 2, 0
Player C- 2, 6, 4

It is probably one of the games in my collection but there is a chance it could be one I've since gotten rid of or something one of the other two brought to play that day.

Given this minimal information and the ability to look at my collection, can anyone figure out what game this was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Samurai?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a very quick look at your collection, checking games that handle 3 persons and that are short enough to play 3 times in a row, I'd say the most likely suspect is High Society, followed by Diamant (altough those scores would be unusual for Diamant, so I'd go with High Society). Then again, who knows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Can't be. One of the items would have 16 copies of scattered around the board.

I'm stumped though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Might it be "Magdar"?

Or maybe "Mamma Mia!", as its highest score is 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some good guesses, but I don't think we have it yet. It definitely was not Magdar or High Society and the numbers don't match up for Samurai. Diamant we only play with at least 6 players.

I am pretty sure that it is a single game with three scoring rounds. I don't think that we would have played the same game three times in a row. That would have been highly out of character for us. That lets Mamma Mia out.

It probably was a relatively short game. We were getting together to play Age of Empires III and this was before our fourth player arrived, at least as far as it looks from the notebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A game of Heckmeck where everyone rolled horribly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know what happened to Player B? Rough night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken F
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The two 3-round games which come quickly to mind are Loco and Turn the Tide. Scores are too low for Loco, but it maybe it was TtT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Li
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
I am pretty sure that it is a single game with three scoring rounds. I don't think that we would have played the same game three times in a row. That would have been highly out of character for us. That lets Mamma Mia out.

Mamma Mia does have three scoring rounds in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klide wrote:
Psauberer wrote:

Mamma Mia does have three scoring rounds in a game.

But you can't score an order more than once in a game, I don't believe. That puts the maximum score for the whole game at 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Quintal
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about that wacky relationship game by Reiner Knizia?

I know if you get none of the blue/red segments you get zero points...and there are three rounds in that game...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/368

*edit* - Relationship Tightrope IS on your list, but mysteriously it is WRAPPED in SHRINKWRAP!???? Can you play a game by osmosis?

Perhaps if I'm right you can send it to me for free for clearing your mind of this most vexing conundrum. I'd be more than happy to free the game from it's shrink-wrapped confine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golf, Player two figured that he was far superior than either of the others and left after two holes. Players 1 & 3 finished out the third hole and called it a day (player two was driving, after all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
drbsgold wrote:

Maybe the idea of the game is to score the least number of points, in which case player B had a brilliant night, maybe it was the number of shots knocked back in a minute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
drbsgold wrote:

Maybe the idea of the game is to score the least number of points, in which case player B had a brilliant night, maybe it was the number of shots knocked back in a minute

At least that would explain why I can't remember more about it.

We're still stumped, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.