Scott Johnson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, i know the graphics are different, but do the settlers 4th edition expansions work with the older main edition? (all USA editions) thanks, scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally don't see why not...

I think there might be a thickness issue with the cardboard (*oh darn*)... but everything else should be okay.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Li
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: question about settlers of catan expansion set compatabi
According to Mayfair:

Quote:
the same printing company that made Catan 3e tiles is making 4e tiles, no changes in tile weight or thickness was made EXCEPT that we are now printing on both sides, *in*creasing the tile width ever-so-slightly, and there has been ZERO reduction in any of the specs, paper, tile sheet thickness, or printing quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real compatibility difference is that in the new 4th Edition version the basic game comes with an interlocking outer frame for the tiles and this frame has the ports on it so that if you were to use the new Catan and an old expansion you would be missing some sea tiles. If this is the case Mayfair has made available the sea tiles for $4.00 I believe so that you can fill in the gaps. The only other difference is that they changed the rule about the robber to match the international editions in that the robber may now return to the desert hex; so that if a player moves the robber he may choose to move him back to the desert instead of another players hex. =) Lastly some of the German scenarios have been added to the Seafarers expansion and they took out the Great Crossing and Greater Catan scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Elzen
msg tools
Could I play the new fourth edition of Seafarers on a third edition Settlers of Catan and a third edition Cities and Knights board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.