Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joni Laserson
Israel
Shoham
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have two questions about the rules:

1) If, as a result of losing in a wilding attack, the 2 units I choose to remove leave the territory empty, do I get a chance to pay one power to keep the territory under my control?

2) The Tyrel has a hero that can "remove immidiately" one footman from the attacked territory. If the above removal makes that territory empty, does it mean there was no battle at all (i.e. Tyrel wins, and the support given was not relevant)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r dub
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:Some questions
Hi jonilaserson (#48302),

These are both in the (useful) FAQ on Fantasy Flight's website:

Q: When you lose a battle to the Wildlings, if you surrender a unit, leaving a region vacant, can you place a power token in the region to retain control of the region?
A: No. You are only allowed to establish control of a region by placing a power token when your units are leaving the region. Being killed by the Wildlings is not "leaving".

Q. If Tyrell attacks a region containing a single defending Footman, and, for his House Card, he selects Ser Loras Tyrell ("Immediately kill one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units"), is that an automatic victory, or do the defense and support values still count?
A: Although not specifically stated in the rulebook, whenever the last unit on one side of a battle is eliminated through a special ability, the battle immediately ends in victory for the side that still has units. The House Cards' strength is disregarded, and the House Cards are still considered used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r dub
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
jonilaserson (#48302),

Should probably add, the FAQ is at:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/agotbgfaq.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Soares
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonilaserson wrote:

2) The Tyrel has a hero that can "remove immidiately" one footman from the attacked territory. If the above removal makes that territory empty, does it mean there was no battle at all (i.e. Tyrel wins, and the support given was not relevant)?

I hate this card when I am Baratheon... Tyrell basically has an insta win card. Yes the battle finishes and Tyrell wins if there is only one footman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.