Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't really been the same since Bart Starr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Sytsma
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they got lucky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commandex wrote:
they got lucky

Their luck should run out one week from today.

Go Cowboys!

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
space is the place
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't follow football too much, or any other sport really, but what I love about this team is that they are the only one owned by their city. There's something decent about that that I really respect. And for that, I will always root for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commandex wrote:
they got lucky

Again. Man, why do they get lucky every week?

I say they get "lucky" again next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I recently enjoyed a stay in Dallas, there is no way I would root for the Cowboys over the Packers this season. At least one BGG regular has known of Brett Favre's greatness for years now, and out of respect for the lad I am wholeheartedly supporting Green Bay next week. Plus, the cheese curds are just so much better up there than they are in Texas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
the cheese curds are just so much better up there than they are in Texas.

Amen to that brother.

Never have so many second-tier guys looked so good as when Favre lobs a football in their direction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whooo-hoo!!

My son's a total Favre-freak, needless to say, he had an awesome Thanksgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see them having a good year.

I think on a neutral field, GB vs. Dallas would be a tossup. Both teams have a single loss, but Dallas lost to a better team (NE vs. Chicago). Green Bay has two wins over teams with winning records, while Dallas has only one. I think Dallas will probably win next week's game, helped by the home crowd. But hopefully it will be close, and I'll at least be able to listen to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
You can't fault teams for strength of teams they've beaten - they can only play the teams they are scheduled to play. That said, you can look at the quality of those wins. Blowing out a bad team is far better than playing a bad team close.

Once strength of opponents has been controlled for the edge Dallas has over Green Bay is significant enough that it would be easy to declare the Cowboys the superior team on a neutral field. The only area Green Bay has an edge is in special teams.

Dallas is playing as well as any of the top teams in the leauge from the past few seasons, and if it weren't for the insanity that is the Patriots this year we would be talking about the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFL.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
How callous. I hope that your cheese curdles in grouchy, statistical ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Could some Packer fan explain to me why Favre was wearing a baseball hat on top of his winter hat after the game? Was he fitting all that under his helmet during the game???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
shumyum wrote:
Could some Packer fan explain to me why Favre was wearing a baseball hat on top of his winter hat after the game? Was he fitting all that under his helmet during the game???

Did they clinch the NFC North? That may have been the NFC North championship hat.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching the highlights from this week's games, including the Favre TD to the tight end, really drove home the fact that tackling is a lost art in the NFL.

Once upon a time, defensive players used things we quaintly refer to as "arms" to grab a runner and bring him down.

Later, arms became passe, and defenders just tried to hit so hard that a runner's internal organs fell out, causing him to collapse.

Now, they just go to a spot in the general area of the runner and hope the sheer power of their proximity will cause him to fall down.

In a few years, defenders will throw flowers at runners' feet and wave flags as they saunter unmolested into the end zone.

I can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
4 time?

They're not going to make Favre co-MVP with Brady...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
le_cygne wrote:
4 time?

Favre is a werewolf. I'm convinced. Tell everyone in Madison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
le_cygne wrote:
4 time?

Favre is a werewolf. I'm convinced. Tell everyone in Madison.

[vote favre]

I like your line of reasoning murph.

On a tangental note - the Lions *almost* won! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know how I missed this thread, but "Hi".

Yes, those were the NFC North Champion hats. They were just given the hats and Favre put his on top of his winter hat.

As for MVP....any other year I'd say Favre deserved it for taking the youngest team in the NFL to 11-2, but Brady certainly deserves it this year. His numbers are amazing. 45 TDs and 5 INTs. Wow.

It's fun watching the Packers this year. I don't think they're experienced enough to win the Super Bowl this year (or better than the Patriots), but they certainly have talent in all areas. I just hope Brett sticks around for another year or two. They could certainly go all the way in the next year or two if he sticks around. Aaron Rodgers has showed potential, but he's gotten hurt every time he's gotten a chance to play. We Favre fans have come to expect durability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brady is fantastic, and certainly putting up some amazing numbers, but he is surrounded by so much talent, including Randy Moss. The Pats are so good this year, I think they'd still be the best team in the league with any half-decent quarterback.

I do think Brady will probably get the (deserved) nod, but when it comes to who's actually the "most valuable" single player for his team, I think Favre is the man at this point. I think a similar argument could be made for Peyton Manning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Brady is fantastic, and certainly putting up some amazing numbers, but he is surrounded by so much talent, including Randy Moss. The Pats are so good this year, I think they'd still be the best team in the league with any half-decent quarterback.

I do think Brady will probably get the (deserved) nod, but when it comes to who's actually the "most valuable" single player for his team, I think Favre is the man at this point. I think a similar argument could be made for Peyton Manning.

Well, I agree. I think Brady is a big part of their success, but I still think they'd be #1 or #2 in the AFC without him. The Packers have a good (personally I don't think it's great) defense, and their special teams has made some huge improvements, but without Favre I don't think they'd even be a .500 team. 11-2 for the youngest team in the NFL is amazing. So, technically I DO think Favre is the Most Valuable Player. I just think you have to give it to the QB having probably the best year a QB has ever had. I'd be fine with Favre winning MVP and Brady winning offensive player of the year, but I fully expect and support an MVP for Brady.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manson
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
Its nice to see people arent so anti-Patriots on here. I grew up in New England, and down here in the south everybody hates them or says I just like them because they win.
I've been told that the Patriots had the refs on the take in last weeks game against the Ravens. It gets quite annoying.
But, I do like the Packers, and if they arent playing the Pats, I definitely cheer them on. Favre is one of the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
dan138 wrote:
Its nice to see people arent so anti-Patriots on here.

You obviously haven't seen any of my posts!

Anyway, it's entirely possible that you're a perfectly decent person, despite your apparent fondness for those cheating scumbags.

But I'm keeping an eye on you, just in case.

Welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manson
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
mistermarino wrote:
dan138 wrote:
Its nice to see people arent so anti-Patriots on here.

You obviously haven't seen any of my posts!

Anyway, it's entirely possible that you're a perfectly decent person, despite your apparent fondness for those cheating scumbags.

But I'm keeping an eye on you, just in case.

Welcome to BGG!

haha.
I wouldn't expect anything less from a Dolphins fan. The Dolphins are becoming the new 76 Buccaneers. It's good to see you aren't a turncoat.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.