Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To what extent are the components of this game language-dependent?

Does it come with an English ruleset? Do cards have German text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't confirm whether you get English rules, but the gene cards do have text on... good thing is, there are only a few cards used in a game, and they are all public, so you can have a crib sheet, and discuss what the cards mean. They're pretty easy anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this photo, the cards have English text. Are these customized?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this is the case:

The box includes two sets of cards: English and German.

But the rules in the box are only in German.

English rules are readily available, however.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LankyEngineer wrote:
In this photo, the cards have English text. Are these customized?

No, I think those are English cards... Unfortunately I'm working from memory, since I don't own the game.

Actually I've a feeling that the game might come with English cards as well... it's definitely billed as a bi-lingual version on the publishers website...

http://doris-frank.de/GamesUrland.html

Sorry I can't be more definite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the game and confirm it comes with two sets of cards, in German and English. It does not include English rules, but you can download them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiboko Hippo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have the game, purchased in the U.S. (maybe six years ago). There are indeed two sets of gene cards, one in German and one in English. The rules summary/player-aid cards were bilingual with German on one side and English on the other. My box actually has two sets of rules, the German and the English. A separate errata sheet was also included for a few mistranslations in the English ruleset that came in the box. Everything made sense. I didn't even have to go on the web to look up anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A separate errata sheet was also included for a few mistranslations in the English ruleset that came in the box.

I don't have that. Is there any important rule mistranslated? Anything on the card descriptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiboko Hippo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
No important mistranslations, just clarifications such as: (1) Gene actions can be used more than once like normal actions in a turn. (2) Examples to clarify the difference between co-existence and competition scoring. You probably didn't miss anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, last time I played, there was a slight doubt on gene actions being used more than once, but we ruled it correctly. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.