Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time since I played this fun little game, and for thanksgiving my uncle, my cousin and I gave it another go. My cousin played the Master, I took Oz and Xander, and my uncle took the two heroines.

First round started pretty much as expected. The Master got lucky and found the Mark of the Annointed right next to him, and Dru found another artifact. Oz picked up another artifact (I can't remember what -- not that it mattered), and Xander moved over to get it from him before Oz changed into a wolf. Willow moved towards the last undiscovered artifact, and then it was Buffy's turn.

Buffy had started the game with a drum stick. My uncle, who always plays aggressively in this game (his rise to fame was when Xander took out the Master with a pencil) decided to have Buffy charge straight at the Master. I pointed out how foolish this was, but he was, after all, a grown man -- and he had played before. So off he went.

Using the drum stick, he started to roll two dice, and I pointed out he got three. He laughed and said he wouldn't need the third (but did roll it anyway).

He rolled two stakes.

And the game was over. Just like that. I couldn't stop laughing.

For what it's worth, we went on to play two more games after that. In the second game my uncle (again playing Willow and Buffy) defeated the Judge by destroying his arm before he was ever fully assembled. And in the last game, my uncle took the role of the Master and was (just barely) able to defeat Buffy (with Spike's help) in mortal combat (Buffy had, on the turn before, attacked the Master with the help of Faith and Kendra's lucky stake, but I rolled zero stakes and only two hits out of six dice).

It was good to play this again, even if the game does have the possibility of "one-turn" games like our first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love getting extreme results in games like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha Thats awesome. Last time Josh pulled this out, Buffy got sired on turn 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.