Popular Tags: christmas [+] [View All]
Christopher Haufe
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first year participating in the BGG Secret Santa, so I guess I was a little too gung-ho. In an effort to get a jump on the Christmas shipping rush (and budget), I placed an order with an online store only 2 days after the targets were assigned. I studied my target's wishlist, came up with a plan to buy multiple small items, and pulled the trigger. Now for various reasons, I fear that my giftee will be purchasing some things for themselves and removing them from their list, things I may have already bought for them.

I know it's still the thought that counts, and it will be their problem to unload a doubled game. And I also realize that family or friends may pick-up the same titles as I do. But it seems to be an unwise or unfair choice to tempt fate by buying games for one's self off the wishlist after the Secret Santa closing date.

Or am I worried for nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
    You did your target a favor by buying and delivering early.

My wish list is frozen for purchase until secret santa delivers. Once my wife gets to peruse the delivered goods she will be free to buy for me. Until then I do without. You wisely have given your target's loved ones the opportunity to backfill.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I think folks should follow the same etiquette you follow in real life: Don't buy anything for yourself until after Christmas. ESPECIALLY if it's on your wish list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Don't buy anything for yourself until after Christmas.

That's what I'm doing. And also why I want Secret Santa targets to be assigned in February.

Anyway, I have two Secret Santas. I hope they don't both send the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Well, I already have. blush But none of that stuff was on my wishlist. Or my wantlist. Or even on my radar. I fell into the "I didn't even know I wanted that until it went ON SALE!!" mindtrap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.