Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you going to get next? What's #1 in your queue?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/little_dieter_needs_to_fly/

Had to add this one after seeing Rescue Dawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Nelson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Fast and the Furious"

I like Vin Diesel, even though his acting is sub-par and I liked Paul Walker in "Timeline" with Gerard Butler , so I'm hoping it'll be good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else here ever suffer from 'questipation'? Like when my wife gets three super-heavy movies at the same time (The Killing Fields, Southern Comfort (documentary about a transsexual who's dying from cervical cancer because he couldn't get unbiased medical care in the US South), and some other real, hard, sit-on-your-head-for-months movie) so that every time the kids go to bed one of us says, "What do we have for viewing pleasure this evening?" and the other says, "[insert rough trade for the eyes and soul here, x3]" and then everybody says, "Ugh. I can't do that tonight, or this week for that matter," and then I have to secretly send one or two back and re-add them to the que so that that Entourage disc can make it through the blockage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence of Arabia

In somewhat of a response to the post above, Gilmore Girls Season 7, Disc 2 is next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got The Gangs of New York and The Departed here waiting for "my mood to view" to change and Borat is next in the queue to be shipped.

Sometimes I will have a change of mood between ordering and viewing and send a movie or two back unwatched. Conversely sometimes I watch a movie and wish I hadn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a tendency to add a whole bunch of movies to our queue, then forget about it for two or three months. I know it's time to rework the queue when we start getting stuff and saying, "What's that? Who put that thing on the list? Isn't there anything new out?"

And so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Next on the list is "Dark City."

We have been watching a lot of British and American TV lately so after that is "Flight of the Conchords" and "Prime Suspect" Season 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Mamula
United States
Oakmont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Studio Ghibli's The Cat Returns for the kids.

Sopranos: Season 6 for me and the wife.

Did you know that your queue maxes out at 500? I hit that mark months ago and still have others that I'd like to add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Stas wrote:

Did you know that your queue maxes out at 500? I hit that mark months ago and still have others that I'd like to add.

Strange. Maybe its the age of your account, but my queue is over 500, and its not maxed, and I can keep adding to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mollusk
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stas wrote:

That movie is amazing! I'd be surprised if you don't enjoy it as much or more than the kids.

Here's mine. I've been a little lax in maintaining my queue lately:

I just finished with DOwn By Law and Pathfinder. DBL was awesome and really well done, and Pathfinder sucked balls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hill
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Stas wrote:

Mine maxes out at 500 as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
We've got The Hidden coming to us tomorrow (hopefully).

HiveGod wrote:
Does anyone else here ever suffer from 'questipation'? Like when my wife gets three super-heavy movies at the same time (The Killing Fields, Southern Comfort (documentary about a transsexual who's dying from cervical cancer because he couldn't get unbiased medical care in the US South), and some other real, hard, sit-on-your-head-for-months movie) so that every time the kids go to bed one of us says, "What do we have for viewing pleasure this evening?" and the other says, "[insert rough trade for the eyes and soul here, x3]" and then everybody says, "Ugh. I can't do that tonight, or this week for that matter," and then I have to secretly send one or two back and re-add them to the que so that that Entourage disc can make it through the blockage.

Oh yeah. Last month it was Nobody Knows, Since Otar Left and Little Children (look them up if you dare). That they tend to be subtitled makes it extra tough since the plan is usually to watch while either folding clothes or "resting" the eyelids. Oh, and I'm much more at fault for the blockage than my wife.

Entourage is a good call. It's going to the top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Wild Strawberries and Whisper of the Heart (an anime film I'd never heard of until recently) at home, and The Roaring Twenties and Besos Para Todos coming up next. Angelika keeps a separate queue, and I don't know what she's got on it.

The idea that animated films are "for the kids" is so quaint that I'm surprised to encounter it here! I saw The Cat Returns a few months ago and enjoyed it greatly, and also highly recommend Howl's Moving Castle, Steamboy, and Kiki's Delivery Service, among others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

That's why we have 5 queues, filled by type.

Next on our queues are:

Drama: Snow Falling on Cedars

Comedy/Action: My Blue Heaven

Grown-up Series: Weeds

Family Movie: Finding Nemo

Family Series: Princess Nine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956)

Yeehaw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
Does anyone else here ever suffer from 'questipation'?

Definitely. Sometimes you need it to get that one heavy movie up to bat, though; otherwise you just keep cranking through the fluff and the three-hour drama sits on top of the TV for months. I had The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp for ages but that one actually turned out be really entertaining.

I just watched Hot Fuzz last night; I've got a choice between A Canterbury Tale and Hour of the Wolf tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cramer
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadwood: Season 2 Disc 2

Are there any Rome fans in the house? We were thinking about trying it out and wanted to see what others thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ubarose wrote:

Family Movie: Finding Nemo

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Nemo didn't make it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sports Night: Disc 2 is next in my queue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 3
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 4
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 5
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4: Disc 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At home: Cold Feet, Season 1 Disc 3

In queue:
1 and 2- Meerkat Manor (have been #s 1 and 2 in our queue for a few months, even though the 1st disc is always listed as available "Now", it never gets sent- the 2nd one is always "Long Wait")
3 through 8 is more Cold Feet

I was a little annoyed at how the end of the 1st season went, and will talk with my wife about whether or not we want to shake the list up a bit.

-kl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Voyagers! The Complete Series: Disc 2 NR Television

Rascal G Children & Family

Cheetah G Children & Family

The Wild Wild West: Season 1: Disc 1 NR Television

Meet the Robinsons G Children & Family

Can you tell I have kids? "The Omni checks out, kid!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.