Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schotten Totten (very similar to Battle Line) has just been added to http://www.yucata.de. It is played in play-by-web-fashion. The interface is available in English and German.

Have a look and enjoy the game,
Sparhawk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Re: Schotten Totten (Battle Line) is the new game at yucata.
Awesome! This is a great game.

I just put out an invitation. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans to add the Action Cards ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Any plans to add the Action Cards ?

Since it seems that Schotten Totten is becoming one of the more popular games (> 100 games played in the first 24 hours), I may think about it.

Would be a lot of work, though.

I still didn't really understand the game with the tactical cards. The rules say, that you may play a tactical card only if you can't play any normal card any more or if you have only tactical cards on your hand.

If you can't play a card any more, most stones will already be distributed, so the tactical cards come into play very late.

If I draw 6 tactical cards, I may play only one and then need to wait until my opponent plays one. In the mean time I have no "normal" cards left to play. Do I need to pass then?

Is there something I am missing?

Sparhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the rules for Tactics Cards:

- When you replenish your hand, you can draw from either deck.

- Either player can play the first Tactics Card.

- After that, you may only play a Tactics Card if you have not already played more than your opponent.

- You may never play two "leader" cards.

(so, in other words, you have to wait for your opponent to play one before you can play another. Of course, there's nothing stopping him from playing two in a row).

- And that's it. I hadn't heard that you could play one if you only have those in your hand. I would have assumed that you would have to pass, and deservedly so for being foolish enough to fill your hand with Tactics cards.

Quote:
I still didn't really understand the game with the tactical cards. The rules say, that you may play a tactical card only if you can't play any normal card any more or if you have only tactical cards on your hand.

Looking at the rules now, I think that is trying to say "should you not be able to play a normal card, then you may play a tactic card".

I'm sure you can play one at any time (as long as you haven't played more than your opponent already).

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Wilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
As I understand the rules for Tactics Cards:

- When you replenish your hand, you can draw from either deck.

- Either player can play the first Tactics Card.

- After that, you may only play a Tactics Card if you have not already played more than your opponent.

- You may never play two "leader" cards.

(so, in other words, you have to wait for your opponent to play one before you can play another. Of course, there's nothing stopping him from playing two in a row).

- And that's it. I hadn't heard that you could play one if you only have those in your hand. I would have assumed that you would have to pass, and deservedly so for being foolish enough to fill your hand with Tactics cards.

I have the German rules here, the English ones on BGG do not contain the rules for the tactical cards.

I agree with you on all points except the last one.

The German rules clearly state the following:
"If a player is not able to play a normal card he may eihter pass or play a tactical card. This may happen in one of two situations: Either the player has filled all fields on his side of the border stones or he has only tactical cards on his hands.".

But I agree: If a user was able to play a tactical card whenever he likes (but not more than his opponent) they would start making sense. Probably just a bug in the German rules.

Sparhawk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.