Popular Tags: [View All]
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quo Vadis is one of my favorite games, and I know only too well how weakly it plays with less than a full complement of five due to the fact that it's too easy for all players to end up in the Senate...

...which just led me to wonder: what if you just reduced the number of spots in the Senate to equal the number of players?? Or even to one less than the number of players? Might this not add some cutthroat-zest even to the full version?

If someone has tried this out, I'd like to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I came up with that applies the idea of proportion to the board with fewer players than five:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/245101

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! You work fast, Michael! I hadn't thought of reducing the number of spaces outside the Sanctum, too. Can't wait to try out your variants. Thumbs up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tiberiusdw wrote:
Whew! You work fast, Michael! I hadn't thought of reducing the number of spaces outside the Sanctum, too. Can't wait to try out your variants. Thumbs up!

Thank you, David!

Yes, nothing's faster than a driven Geek on caffeine obsessed with a vision, having access to a scanner and decent photo editing program, and a willingness to use them.

I played a 3 player with my nine year old twin grandchildren this evening using my 3 player set-up.

The kids had never played the game before, and I've only played it twice, so take this for what it's worth.

The 3rd player (Lacey) won the game. The two upper right corner committees were never used. I found myself in the unenviable position of being last into the Inner Sanctum without sufficient points to win but I took my place anyways reasoning I would lose in either case.

I hope I can entice them again into a rematch. I removed some of the laurel disks, but I don't think that makes a difference worth addressing. The Caesar token is very powerful and the game plays very quickly.

Gg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.