Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this out:

http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/0,5223,6952297....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiny Epic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best mass-media features on games I've seen. Accurate, informative, interesting, and not a hint of condescension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it in the paper this morning. It looks really nice with big pictures and it takes up most of two pages starting with the front page of one section of the paper. Occasionally they have articles about board games and always mention Game Night Games in Salt Lake.

However, this time I saw one little mistake. There is an info box that doesn't show up in the article online. It says that if you want more info to go to www.gameboardgeek.com so they messed up the URL here. Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiny Epic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
It says that if you want more info to go to www.gameboardgeek.com...

Man, that site is awesome. Perhaps I should spend more time there instead of here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
However, this time I saw one little mistake. There is an info box that doesn't show up in the article online. It says that if you want more info to go to www.gameboardgeek.com so they messed up the URL here. Bummer.

That is a strange mistake to see from Carma (the author) because I know she visits BGG for additional information on the games. I often hear people say "game board" instead of "board game". I am guessing an editor got ahold of the piece and made this mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately, this one got the URL right:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/nov/24/get-on-boar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike A wrote:
I read it in the paper this morning. It looks really nice with big pictures and it takes up most of two pages starting with the front page of one section of the paper. Occasionally they have articles about board games and always mention Game Night Games in Salt Lake.

I checked both google and yahoo searches. Google had a site with that name that is mostly a list of links to vendors. Yahoo however has two links to BGG right on top.cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.