Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Immer
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game, do players still get points for each route completed like the other TTR games? I noticed that the point chart for routes which is included on the other TTR maps in not in this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes you do score each route like in the other TtR games. I think the assumption is that you will have the base game with the points chart card so you can use that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Unfortunately they misprinted all the boards for this expansion and didn't include a scoring chart on any of them. If you want to know how much a five-car route is worth and only own TTR Europe, you'll have to check on-line like I did.

Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy work. DOW should be ashamed of this product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
DOW should be ashamed of this product.

Little harsh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinb9n wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

Little harsh?

Fair to say they should be embarrassed by this mistake, which seems to indicate that they didn't blind-test their final proofs. But, yeah, a little harsh. Probably saying so will set off another round of the TTR:Switzerland haters, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kevinb9n wrote:
jcb231 wrote:

Little harsh?

I don't think so. Harsh would be saying they are sucky game designers. They are not. They are excellent game designers who make high quality products, therefore when a shoddily-constructed item with as many flaws as this passes through to retail, something went wrong, and they should be ashamed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
Unfortunately they misprinted all the boards for this expansion and didn't include a scoring chart on any of them. If you want to know how much a five-car route is worth and only own TTR Europe, you'll have to check on-line like I did.

I'm in that boat, and I checked here first.
So, to make things easier for others, a five-car route is worth 10 points.
(in case other TtR:E-only players come here first)

mikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Summers
United States
Ammon
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was quite surprised that they would overlook that. An obvious mistake in my book. The art work on the board is very nice, and they definitely had room for such a chart.

I probably wouldn't go so far as to say "Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy work"... maybe just one "shoddy"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Pong
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
It's Clobberin' Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question because they don't seem to mention it in the rulebook either, so I assumed there weren't points for route length. They really should have either mentioned it in the rulebook, or printed it on the board.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsay Scholle
Australia
St Ives, 2075
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We assumed you count the points (although the rational behind this was discussed at length), but we don't bother to do it during the game so as to speed up play. Only if one player is within 10-15 points of the other at the end do we bother. So far we've only had a maximum nine point difference in route scoring after several games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scholle wrote:
We assumed you count the points (although the rational behind this was discussed at length), but we don't bother to do it during the game so as to speed up play. Only if one player is within 10-15 points of the other at the end do we bother. So far we've only had a maximum nine point difference in route scoring after several games.
That depends a lot on the strategies people are using, but in Switzerland I'd say that the route scores are more likely to be very close, because there aren't that many long routes. In games with a lot of short routes and a lot of long routes, there can be HUGE differences between final route scoring. For instance we just played a game of Marklin, and a couple of us scored about double the points of the third guy in route scoring (~80-40). I've seen pretty big gaps in USA and Europe too, so I'd never consider not scoring the routes right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.