Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You only get visitors if you have 2 like animals next to each other correct?

2. Do the animals have to be on the same side of the road. For example if a road is between them does it count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:A couple of questions
galeninjapan (#48483),

1. You get two visitors if you have the most stars of a certain color which are all adjacent (next to each other). You get one visitor if you have the second most. Exceptions: If you're the only person with a certin color, you get one visitor. Newly placed tiles win if there is a tie for the number of stars. (Visitors prefer a newer 4-star attraction to an older 4-star attraction.. newer = better!)

2. The paths (roads) only determine tile placement (tile edges with grass must meet grass, tile edges with paths must meet paths) and the forming of loops. Paths do not impact animal enclosure adjacency. As long as the enclosures are "next to each other" on the tiles, they are adjacent, regardless of the layout of the paths.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob (#48485),

What I meant by my first question is this. What If I have only one bird tile and it is not next to anything. Would i get any people for that?

The way we have been playing is that the animals have to be on the same side of the road to count as adjacent, it seemed to be working out actully.

One more quick question. If I have 4 tiles with the same type of animal all next to each other to they add together for a grand total of stars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
galeninjapan wrote:

What I meant by my first question is this. What If I have only one bird tile and it is not next to anything. Would i get any people for that?

If the bird exhibit on that tile has enough stars, yes.

The way we have been playing is that the animals have to be on the same side of the road to count as adjacent, it seemed to be working out actully.

The way we play, and I think this is correct, is that each half-tile is an exhibit, so having two like half-tiles adjacent along any edge is sufficient to form a single exhibit. Roads don't matter for exhibits, but they do for tile placement (road edges must match) and for forming road loops.

One more quick question. If I have 4 tiles with the same type of animal all next to each other to they add together for a grand total of stars?

Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe explaining from a picture of a game in progress might help.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/37096

The aquatic/blue exhibit at top center is just a single half-tile with 2 stars, but is large enough to attract the single visitor for 2nd place.

Just to the right of that exhibit is a reptile/white exhibit consisting of parts of three tiles, totalling 5 stars and good for 2nd place.

Below the reptiles is a large 3-tile bird/red exhibit with 8 stars. It's good for 2nd place and a red meeple.

Below and to the right of the birds is a 3-tile mammal/yellow exhibit with 6 stars, good enough for 1st place. The two-tile, 5 star mammal/yellow exhibit immediately above the zoo entrance counts for nothing, since only a player's largest single exhibit of an animal type can attract visitors.

Between the two mammal/yellow exhibits, is a 2-tile primate/orange exhibit with 4 stars. It must be newer than the 2-tile primate/orange exhibit with 4 stars in the center of the picture, since it is large enough to be the 1st place exhibit.

The primate/orange 3 star tile toward the upper-left of the picture is NOT part of the center exhibit, since they don't share a tile edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.