Popular Tags: [View All]
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 player game is much better two. We played with a rule mistake. We thought that every round you had to place ALL your numbered people on the board. It was only after I read that you get points for pieces in your home at the end that I realized you only have to put down ONE piece minimum on the board. This clearly will affect the feeding phase of your people and affect how many you lose to the reserve each round, if any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier, Sr.
United States
North Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you place all of your available markers down each turn. The rule tat you cite, which is meant for calculating points at end-game, refers to any clan members that are newly birthed on the final turn. These members would have not been around during the placement phase of the turn.
(Also, by "ALL" I'm assuming that you mean "all available", which would be nine at the beginning of the game, then fluctuating as new members are birthed and existing members either starve or are killed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected............thanks, Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Dinu
Switzerland
Givisiez
Fribourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You place each turn the number of markers specified by the epoch card plus the newly born members.
Exception: in the beginning you have to place 9 markers. Those 9 are alive and the other 9 are the reserve (not alive).

Important: make clearly the difference between alive people sent home from a turn to another... and the reserve.

Starving or killed people don't return home. They go straight to the reserve which means they are not alive.

Remark: Of course all the alive people give points at the end of the game and it is not important to get the people at home at the end of the game. Of course anybody can still have births at the end of the game (the last turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.