Subject: A rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can heros search a space if there is a zombie in the space with them. I played a game where one hero (I was the zombies) just sat there the entire game and kept searching even when I attacked him. The next game I house ruled in that heros couldn't search in a space with zombies in it. Is there something in the rules I missed or do you guys think this is fair. (I should also note that we play with the variant where zombies have to roll better then a 3 to move through walls.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Afaik, you can search with a zombie(s) in the room. But you have to fight every single zombie on your (the hero) turn As well as fight the zeds on the ZP turn. So it's not generally a good idea if you've got more than 1 zed with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshuah Andrews

Colorado
msg tools
NLink wrote:
Can heros search a space if there is a zombie in the space with them. I played a game where one hero (I was the zombies) just sat there the entire game and kept searching even when I attacked him. The next game I house ruled in that heros couldn't search in a space with zombies in it. Is there something in the rules I missed or do you guys think this is fair. (I should also note that we play with the variant where zombies have to roll better then a 3 to move through walls.)

we use similar variants when we play.
I think its fair and more plausible this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Tucker
msg tools
I feel restricting the movement of the zombies totally destroys the balance in the game. Also, yes the heroes can search in a space if it is also occupied by one or more zombies. This should be dangerous to do repeatedly, but can see why it is not based on your house rule. The designer of the game playtested for years so I am sure they have addressed this issue long ago and know best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Rollins
msg tools
I don't see any reason for limiting the searching of the heroes when zombies are occupying the same space. It kind of screws over the heroes pretty bad for rolling a 1 while in a space with zombies. Usually I'll just search, hope to find a weapon, and stand my ground.

Thematically it works because the hero finds a weapon on the ground just in time to fend off an attack and escape afterwards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.