Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ChToHe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puerto Rico has been played many times in our apartment, but Steve and Beth are newbies and after a game of Samurai, I decided to introduce Puerto Rico to them. Though a non-gamers game, it has always won rave reviews with the new people.

I started off with corn and tobacco while Julie decided to go for her usual style of playing : Coffee and corn. We helped the newbies with making tougher decisions and giving the best advice we could under the circumstances. Beth started out with a Hacienda and filled up her platations nicely with an equal amount of corn, indigo and tobacco.

Steve had cornered the market in sugar early on, but due to some shipping gaffes, had to throw away most of his sugar in the first two shipping rounds. This really hurt his final score. Julie meanwhile used his Coffee Money and bought and expanded her plantations rather quickly. she was chugging along with both money and shipments

Due to a couple "timely" selections of captain, I also lost out on some of my tobacco through shipment but managed to gain some ground later down the road when I bought a warehouse

Toward end of the game, the colonists started to run out. I purchased three of the big buildings but could not man the last one. However, my shipping was severely compromised as I did not manage to get a lot of production. Beth managed to snag a big building as well.

Game ended when colonists ran out and Julie was the winner by 10 points.

Winner's Circle

Julie
THC
Beth
Steve

PR definately rewards an experienced gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.