Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
Ok. I'm afraid I'm going to be known as the "Brass' official rules forum spammer" whatever that means, but I still have some doubts. blush

#1 the rules state that Level 1 industries are vanished from the board when the rail period arises. Does this mean only coal and iron industries?
I’m making this question because in the rules there are some parts where industries mean Coal and Iron only. E.g. building over industries.

#2 when a cotton mill, a port or other relevant counter is flipped, the victory points are immediately calculated and added to the income/VP track and so are the values on the golden circles?

#3 when an upgrade is made the replaced counter is removed from the board or do we live it there?

#4 when counting the VP’s at the end of both periods do we count the connection itself, the tile, or just the number of coins in both extremities?

Thank you all. I won’t promise you that these will be my final doubts but either way, I hope so!

Paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. No. All level 1 industries of any kind: port, cotton mile, iron mine, coal mine, and shipyard come off the board at the end of the canal period.

2. No. The structure is like Amun Re. VP are only awarded twice in the game, once for each player's position at the end of the canal period and once for each player's position at the end of the rail period. There is no other scoring done.

3. The old counter is removed. I assume this means removed from the game, but it is possible the player would get it back to reuse it. This never happened in our games.

4. I'm not sure I understand the question. There are two things that score, flipped industries and canal/rail links. The best way to manage this is to remove each canal/rail link from the board one at a time and for each, add up the number of gold circles on either side and add that to the score of the player who built the link. Gold circles come from flipped industries and circles marked on the board, industries count for that player regardless of who built them. Once all of the links are removed from the board, the industries score based on the number in the pink hexagon. This is only the flipped ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
3. The old counter is removed. I assume this means removed from the game, but it is possible the player would get it back to reuse it. This never happened in our games.

They are removed from the game.

The same is true for the Development action: if you remove a counter from your stacks you never get it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mb
Thank you both very much.
I've played the game, finally, and it is a great game indeed.
Once again thank you.
Paulo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
1. No. All level 1 industries of any kind: port, cotton mile, iron mine, coal mine, and shipyard come off the board at the end of the canal period.

Does this include the level 0 shipyards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:

Are you putting level 0 shipyards on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:

Are you putting level 0 shipyards on the board?

Let me guess, we weren't supposed to. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yeah, you can't put something on the board with a number lower than the current period. So no 1's in Rail phase and no 0's ever. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Margewich
United States
Clifton
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet played the game, just finished the first reading of the rules. I did see reference to level 0 shipyards somewhere.

Why do level 0 shipyard's exist if they cannot ever be placed on the board? When are they used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Appley award winner, 1984
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Why do level 0 shipyard's exist if they cannot ever be placed on the board? When are they used?

The 0 level Shipyards serve to obligate the player to perform a Development action prior to building one. Also note that there are 2 level 1 Shipyards, but only one legal space to play one in the Canal phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.