Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Should objective chit V (ALL - S.D. Victory) be excluded from Scenario #14 (or any scenario where one side starts with control of all objectives)?

In my game, the Germans pulled chit V as their random chit which would have resulted in an immediate German victory, correct?

We decided to ignore the chit and draw another...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the rulebook states that objective V only has it's auto-victory requirement checked immediately prior to any sudden death roll. Thus, even if it were drawn as your opponent's starting objective, you'd know you'd better get your hands on at least one objective before the time marker advanced to the sudden death marker, but you'd still have a few time marker advances before you'd really need to worry about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know that. I should have checked the rules more thoroughly. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Jonny is correct. Objective Chit V only comes into play immediately prior to any sudden death roll.

FWIW: Scenario 6 starts with Objective Chit V open and the Axis in control of all the Objectives there making it paramount that the Americans capture at least one objective prior to the first SD roll at T6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned that rule...the hard way. I was on the verge of a thunderous win. The Sudden Death Roll came up, (i was excited because~ if the game were to end, I would win by VPs!)...However, my opponent merely said, "Game over. I won."

What!!?? How!!?? Was my immediate reaction. Objective Chit V...(don't let this happen to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Objective Chit V for Victory.

http://www.soundingrocket.com/name_that_tune/sounds/excerpt_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.