Subject: German Activation question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Nogacki

Bastrop
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I recently purchased this game and have waded through all the rules, but have a problem in one area.

In rule section 3.131 "Identification number" it mentions that "only those Areas whose ID numbers are printed in red can activate Stosstrupp units" (i.e., Areas 366, 342, 362, for example).

However, in rule section 9.3 "Zone/Area Selection" where the rules go over how the Stosstrupp are activated by rolling 3 dice to get a number to find which Area they will activate in, the rules make no mention about the above listed stipulation. In other words, what if you roll a 337, 347 or 339 (all Areas which are NOT printed in red; they're just printed in black). If you roll such an area, do you simply put the Stosstrupp back in the Draw Cup and still count it against the total number of German units to be activated that Game Turn, OR do you keep rolling and rolling until you get an area printed in red (341, 342, etc.)???

Any suggestions will be a BIG help!

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mark1111 wrote:
Hi, I recently purchased this game and have waded through all the rules, but have a problem in one area.

In rule section 3.131 "Identification number" it mentions that "only those Areas whose ID numbers are printed in red can activate Stosstrupp units" (i.e., Areas 366, 342, 362, for example).

However, in rule section 9.3 "Zone/Area Selection" where the rules go over how the Stosstrupp are activated by rolling 3 dice to get a number to find which Area they will activate in, the rules make no mention about the above listed stipulation. In other words, what if you roll a 337, 347 or 339 (all Areas which are NOT printed in red; they're just printed in black). If you roll such an area, do you simply put the Stosstrupp back in the Draw Cup and still count it against the total number of German units to be activated that Game Turn, OR do you keep rolling and rolling until you get an area printed in red (341, 342, etc.)???

Any suggestions will be a BIG help!

Thanks!!!

The dice are only d6's, not d10. If you can roll a 7 or 9 on a d6, it could useful for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nogacki

Bastrop
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Fusag, thanks for the reply! Ok, I see what you were pointing out! D-uh! I guess what threw me is that when I played my first game, I was so busy rolling and moving counters and afterwards when I was done and re-checked the rules somewhere in there I thought a Stosstruppen was activated in one of the "black number" areas!

Ok, got it now. Off for attempt #2 to blow up the port (now playing the rules the right way). With luck, I may do a session review covering how good (or bad) I did...

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.