Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Not much interaction between players
Interaction in this game occurs in 3 ways. 1. Someone grabs the money card you wanted. 2. Someone grabs the tile you wanted 3. Someone gets more of a certain tile than you. To me, that's quite a bit. When I am playing for example, I am constantly looking at what my opponents have and trying to beat them in the different colors. For example, if I am in first place, I will make sure to concentrate on beating out the second place person in a couple colors, also keeping my eye on the others. I find this to be a very strategic game. Yes, there is some luck, but you still have to know how to play the game. I find the people that win this game are usually always the same - me and my youngest daughter, whereas my wife and other 2 children hardly ever win. My wife has only won once in about 20 games (and I wasn't there). Yes, it could have more interaction I suppose - but I personally like it just the way it is. Sometimes you can muddy up a game too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Not much interaction between players
I agree with Al here. I've played this a lot online, but played it for the first time face-to-face in a tournament yesterday, and the interaction was pretty intense. We had two new players vs. two experienced players, and we were fairly frankly discussing the options for the benefit of the newbies. (OK, you have a lock on red, and I've got violet at the moment, but there are still three tiles out there ...). It was really only playing it FTF that I saw just how MUCH interaction was possible, but yes, among capable players, if you're not keeping an eye on what the other guy is doing, and try to keep him from doing it, you'll be toast. (Nice to finally understand why I've led a bunch of games and then been passed in the final scoring.)

It can be very subtle, because you can't directly control what your opponent does, but you do have quite a bit of influence, if you can figure out what your opponent needs and prevent him from getting it. Mind you, I would think the 5-6 player game would reduce the interaction to a minimum, but the two player gives you all the interaction anybody could want. 3-4 players still gives you plenty of chance to mess with your opponents, though. (In the tourney, my closest opponent went just ahead of me, which is as tough as it gets, but I still managed to thwart him evil plans several times.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.