Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First play with the rohan battle, this has been buggin' me.
It's not like they have a special ability to use with, so what's the point? Bluffing?

The next questions are things I'm not entirely sure of...

- If a card lets you "move x armies", you move them one region each?

- Similar, cards (and action dice ability) "move and attack" mean I can move 1 region, and attack an army that is there (basicly a normal attack in the WotR), or I can move 1 region, and attack to an adjacent one? Same question with cards "move x regions and attack". Basicly it boils down to attack meaning "attack where you are" or attack to an adjacent region". This is clarified nowhere in the rulebook if I remember correctly...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Vetinari wrote:
First play with the rohan battle, this has been buggin' me.
It's not like they have a special ability to use with, so what's the point? Bluffing?

Pretty much. Bluffing can be useful. Your opponent may expect you lead off with one of your more powerful unit abilities, so leading with a useless one may throw off his battle plan.

Lord Vetinari wrote:
If a card lets you "move x armies", you move them one region each?

Yes, unless the card states otherwise.

Lord Vetinari wrote:
Similar, cards (and action dice ability) "move and attack" mean I can move 1 region, and attack an army that is there (basicly a normal attack in the WotR), or I can move 1 region, and attack to an adjacent one? Same question with cards "move x regions and attack". Basicly it boils down to attack meaning "attack where you are" or attack to an adjacent region". This is clarified nowhere in the rulebook if I remember correctly...

An Army always attacks an adjacent space, just like in War of the Ring. So, move and attack simply means you may move the Army one space and then attack another Army in a space adjacent to the one your Army moved into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Why do the Dunledings have a manouver token? (+ other Qs
Thanks for the answers!
I still find the bluffing in this case a little lame, it's more effective to bluff with a regroup token this way I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.