United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been intrigued by this game for awhile, so I began playing on-line at hivemania.com. I love playing it so much, I have ordered the game and am eagerly awaiting. Though I technically do not own this game (yet), I have played enough to have a good feel for it.

Overall gameplay is this: Each player has 11 hexagonal insect pieces: 1 Queen, 2 beetles, 3 ants, 3 grasshoppers, 2 spiders. All pieces have different movement abilities. The gist is this: place and move your insects in the hive, which is made up of the actual playing pieces; no board or any other game pieces are used. The player to surround the opponents queen wins.

My overall ratings:

Theme/mechanics: 8 The insects are cute; the mechanics are kinda chess-like without a board.

Rules: 8 very simple to learn.

Strategy: 9.5 No luck, unless you count the fact your opponent may make bad moves.

Asthetics: N/A I don't actually have the real game yet, but other people have stated that the pieces are high quality wood, and they certainly look nice.

Overall fun factor: 9 This game is difficult to compare to grand scale games with thousands of pieces. Nonetheless, it is an ingenious game. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes to play and seems very portable. In my opinion, some of the simple games are the best......ie backgammon, dominoes etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:User Review
voynix (#48661),
Hi

Just an update...I got the game today in the mail. The pieces are really nice quality; I really don't have a problem discerning colors. This is the second edition. The box is sturdy and compact. Would definitely recommend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.