Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To have your say in "The golden geek awards" nominations were open for the ones that had a patron badge or gave some GG. Later on it was decided that the voting would be open for all members.

I don't remember exactly but I believe a statement was made that there would be a microbadge available for those who participated.
And when it became available for all that the GG would be refunded.

The Golden Geek awards were given away a week now .Any updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:
To have your say in "The golden geek awards" nominations were open for the ones that had a patron badge or gave some GG. Later on it was decided that the voting would be open for all members.

I don't remember exactly but I believe a statement was made that there would be a microbadge available for those who participated.
And when it became available for all that the GG would be refunded.

The Golden Geek awards were given away a week now .Any updates?

Beserkly should have used this thread for his "If you don't laugh at this, you're dead" posting, instead of his "Italian Spiderman" You Tube video. The fact that anyone seriously wants--needs--a microbadge for participating in the site self-promotion that was, that is, that might always be, "the golden geek awards" is so much funnier. laugh

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be a jerk. I like microbadges too and I'm always glad to get a new one to add to the collection.

Kris, I support your idea. Wait for Aldie to get back from vacation and it will probably happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Mendel
United States
westminster
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree also, I love getting new badges. I'll be happy and proud to display mine when it come.

Whats wrong with being proud of being part of a friendly community???

Gantrell
"KMG365"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve thanks for your reply. I didn't know Aldie was on vacation.
He allways acts so soon, so I should have probably thought of that possibility.

And Larry thanks for the support.

Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While I don't even CARE the slimmest, 'whim' of a *whit* for "microbadges" in general, and just WHY is anyone so "deserving" of THIS 'one' then? Should a few of US also get a: "I NO 'pick' my nose today!" kind, JUST because we haven't?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey GROGnads I am no ACE in rich formatting, so this microbadge and all the others serves for some , but certainly not all, more or less the same purpose as an avater, username, geekbadge, ubergeekbadge and dare I say rich formatting, To me this award is the boardgamers choice and not the voice of a chosen few but of a whole community. A community of which I am proud to be a part of ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To me this award is the boardgamers choice and not the voice of a chosen few but of a whole community. A community of which I am proud to be a part of ..

gulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulpgulp

Wow. That was one heck of a hurl. I don't know about you, but I feel better now.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Don't be a jerk. I like microbadges too and I'm always glad to get a new one to add to the collection.

Kris, I support your idea. Wait for Aldie to get back from vacation and it will probably happen.

Promise, oh pretty please, that you'll hold your breath 'till Aldie gets back.

Pretty please!!

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ bentlarsen

Some people like microbadges. There are even microbadge addict or collector badges.

If there is a contest sometimes there is a free microbadge. A lot of users are thankfull that allthough they didn't win anything they got rewarded with a microbadge just for entering.

a standard comment goes like this : Thanks Aldie and publisher X for running this fun contest and the free microbadge.
Didn't notice any witty remarks in a post started by Aldie...

I asked another thing in this thread. There was a participation fee of 20 GG. It was said that there would be a refund for this. well I will use it for tipping. And tipping spreads some joy.
If I receive a tip or a thumb I find it nice that people showed they liked my contribution.
By tipping and thumbing you encourage people to make more and better contributions.
What if we couldn't tip or thumb any of the great photographers or reviewers on the site.
Would they have uploaded so much quality content ?
I don't think so.

In short in expressing your contempt for my simple question you actually express your dislike for certain aspects of this site.
How is that? Microbadges are a part of this site.

But i got that out of your user profile allready.

I am calling my ratings' system--system?!--the Yay-Meh-Blech system. The idea comes from Paul Bravey, and I thank him for it.

For those who care about such things, this is how I "rate" games: If I give a game a "10," it is because I like it very much; if I give it a "5," it is because I am so-so about it; if I give it a "1," I do not like the game; and finally, if I own a game but don't rate it, it is because I am not sure how I feel about it.

I feel life is too short to bandy around game ratings on a one to ten scale. "Gee, do I give it a 6.5? a 6.8? or a 7?" Duh. Is time so abundant in a person's life to justify such exercises in futility? And then there are those Geeks who love statistics, who love to make something out of nothing. Just how much emptiness in a person's life justifies making nothing out of nothing?

Allthough I must admit I like your well written comments on games you scored a ten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:
Some people like microbadges. There are even microbadge addict or collector badges.
Fine then! They can PAY, or "waste" on this, with however they wanted. What I don't especially LIKE is when I'm "rewarded" WITH something like that, instead of what I'd RATHER have, namely the GGs. And yeah, I do "tip" or 'award' these mass MORE than I get!

KrisVerbeeck wrote:
If there is a contest sometimes there is a free microbadge. A lot of users are thankfull that allthough they didn't win anything they got rewarded with a microbadge just for entering.
Yes, nary a ONE of that won't have someone crying about 'getting' any in addition, and WHY is that? Isn't the "prize" sufficient? Apparently NOT for too many then, because "Survey Says":
'1'
Spoiler (click to reveal)
they're 'greedy' BASTARDS!

'2'
they can 'cry' until it happens

'3'
they're 'despoiled' BIG shits!

'4'
what did YOU 'expect'?

KrisVerbeeck wrote:
a standard comment goes like this : Thanks Aldie and publisher X for running this fun contest and the free microbadge.
Didn't notice any witty remarks in a post started by Aldie...
YOU need to delve closer on some of them and you'll FIND such! I know for a 'fact' that I've complained about some, and even brought UP about having the 'stinking badge' for a few of those!

KrisVerbeeck wrote:
I asked another thing in this thread. There was a participation fee of 20 GG. It was said that there would be a refund for this. well I will use it for tipping. And tipping spreads some joy.
If I receive a tip or a thumb I find it nice that people showed they liked my contribution.
By tipping and thumbing you encourage people to make more and better contributions.
What if we couldn't tip or thumb any of the great photographers or reviewers on the site.
Would they have uploaded so much quality content ?
I don't think so.
shake Well, what do you THINK that myself, and many another as well, had already 'done', prior to ALL of this? Check the 'dates' on THAT eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.