Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashton Sanders
United States
Polson
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To quickly describe the players of this great game of Star Wars Risk:

Rebels: Me and a friend. I'm the "biggest gamer" of the group. My friend has played a couple times, and can hold her own.

Empire: My wife and her mom. My wife is definitely very good at Risk, and her Mom has never played Start Wars Risk before, but she caught on quickly.

Hutts: My friend's (from above) husband. Is good at playing risk 80% of the time. He will randomly do horribly stupid things at the worst time, which keeps everyone on our toes. (He hasn't ever won a game of Risk, so I gave him the Hutts.)

How this game has gone almost every time I've played with 5 people:
Rebels and Empire fight it out ignoring the Hutts. The Empire owns the Rebels, an right before they kill the rebels, the Hutts take over the resource planets and win.

Here is how this game went:

The Empire started with Wild Space(2) and 7/8 of Outer Rim (5)
The Rebels started with Ison Corridor(2) and most of Elrood Sector(3)
The Hutts started out on 5 resource planets, mostly in Mid Rim(5)

The game started and the empire quickly took a foothold in Elrood Sector, and then destroyed "Sluis Van" with the Death Star, (which leaves only 1 hyperspace connection to Wild Space. The empire promptly placed 3 fortresses in Wild Space, and piled up 20 guys on the only remaining entry.

By this time, the rebels have been pretty well destroyed. My team mate has Ison Corridor still, and I've got 12 guys at her south entrance (Dagobah) with a couple Bombers. My teammate had almost 20 guys on her Northern entrance of Byss when the Death Star Blew it up. To say the least, that crippled us.

The Empire was about to bring down the hammer on the Rebels when the Hutts came out of nowhere and took 3 more resource planets, giving him a total of 9. Instead of ending his turn there, he started attacking a well guarded Empire fortress (which wasn't a resource planet). This is where the Hutts made almost won the game; he took over at least half the board, but didn't fully occupy any continents... so he didn't get much of a troop bonus at the beginning of every turn.

Luckily for the rebels, the Empire had to turn it's focus on to preventing the Hutts from winning. They had to place the death star on one resource planet and defend another one heavily.

After four full rounds of the the Empire and Hutts battling it out, my Rebel partner got the "Move through Asteriod" card, and won the game by attacking "Wild Space" from behind. Apparently, the Empire forgot we had that ability.

The Empire was very close to winning, and if they had defended the Emperor with more than 1 troop, they would probably have stayed alive.

Congratulations to the Rebels.

(I am very proud of this game for automatically making the Rebels the underdogs, but still giving them the possibility of winning; just like the movies.)

Everyone at the board had a GREAT time. Fun times had by all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.