Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant is one of my favorite games to play with my children, ages 6 and 4. It is simple enough for them to understand and there is enough luck so that anyone can win. Plus, it is a game that is also fun for adults to play as well.

Tonight we had a four player game, with me, my wife, and my two children.

In the first cave, my 4 year old daughter left first with 6 gems. The rest of us stayed too long and were chased from the cave by a giant scorpion.

In the second cave, my daughter again left first, followed the following turn by my son. My wife and I plunged deeper into the cave, only to be driven out by a cave-in, costing us all of our gems.

In the third cave, my daughter again left first, at the same time my son left. My wife and I stayed longer, each picking up around 20 gems before safely exiting.

The fourth cave was a complete failure to all the expeditions, as disaster after disaster appeared and everyone left the cave empty handed.

The final cave was very tense. The first few rooms had only a few gems, then a disaster appeared. My son felt it was too dangerous and left. After a few more rooms, more disasters appeared and I left. My wife soon left as well, leaving only my daughter to explore the deeper regions of the cave. Room after room, she continued on, amassing great sums of gems but increasing the danger of another disaster appearing. Finally, she decided to leave and made it safely to the surface.

Final scores:

4th place: My son with 23 gems
3rd place: Me with 33 gems
2nd place: My wife with 34 gems
Winner: My daughter with 47 gems

Another great game of Diamant. This game is a true gem err winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Alvarado
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Holy cow, I dind't even know there were that many gems in the game.

Maybe I play with too many people and playing a 4 player game would
leave more gems for each person.

Good story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Hen
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zacratorax wrote:

Holy cow, I dind't even know there were that many gems in the game.

Maybe I play with too many people and playing a 4 player game would
leave more gems for each person.

Good story.

In the second game my family ever played my dad managed to score 60, my mom and I had something like 45, my brother had about 11. We were worried about running out of treasure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.