Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this has been asked already I could not find it? I usually look for my question - anyways...

There seems to be a conflict in the rules (at least to me there is) -

Page 4 references Support checks and mentions

"A support check involves drawing a single cube from the bag in hopes of gaining a particular type of Support (State, Media, or Issue)."

Then on page 11 when talks about positioning on issues it does not mention using support checks as the means in which one is allowed to place cubes on the issues. It reads to me as though you just basically place your cubes there replacing opposing cubes on a one to one basis.

Then on page 19 in the Sample Turn it reads as though Support Checks are not used at all on the Issues Track.

Question - Do you use Support Checks for the Issue Track?

If no, is the wording on Page 4 in error OR is there something else in the game (which I missed) whereby you do use Support Checks on the Issue Track?

Thanks fellow geeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No support checks for issues. The quoted text in bold is in error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rickard
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You never have to make support checks for the Issues. It's always 1 CP for the first cube and 2 CP for any additional cubes in the same issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy of the rules with me, but I believe page 4 is in error if it states to perform support checks for positioning on the issues. The CP number on the card played is the number of cubes you get to position with, either cancelling your opponents cubes, placing cubes on the issues or a combination of both. The only caveat is the second cube placed on the same issue, with the same card play costs two CP's instead of one. I hope this helps, but maybe Jason can confirm what I say to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there might've been a card that would require an issue check, but I haven't come across one (so I'm guessing there isn't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
I thought there might've been a card that would require an issue check, but I haven't come across one (so I'm guessing there isn't).

Right. The general rule was written in anticipation that there might be, but no events granting issue support through support checks made it into the final game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Leonhard
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miyazakigrognard wrote:
Also, and this is not clear in the rules, isn't it true that Issue positioning behaves just like state support: that is only one player's cube(s) will ever be present on a given Issue?

That's correct. It's explained in a sidebar reminder next to the rules for each type of action on page 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.