Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I have a German (KOSMOS) edition of SoC. It has plastic pieces and the six piece water 'jigsaw' (rather than the hex pieces). The cards have been individually translated by a German friend of mine (meaning the game can be played without knowing German) and he provided a photocopy of the English (Mayfair rules) which we use to play with.

My question is - can the English expansion boards be played with the German edition? I know the English versions have the water hex pieces (rather than the water 'jigsaw') so I am wondering whether that would have an impact? Plus, I am not sure if the cards are the same sizes etc etc - if they are different, does that present a problem?

Assuming the English expansion editions AREN'T compatible, is there anywhere to buy German editions translated to English? Or, if I bought a non-translated German edition, how many different types of cards would they usually include (since worse case I could provide my English friends with pictures of each card and an English translation on an A4 page).

Thanks
Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:English expansions for German Settlers of Catan
mjwills (#48845),

Because of the new water tiles in the german edition, I'd not mix it with the English Seafarers, but getting the english Cities & Knight should be OK.
The german Seefahrers does not have any new cards so that isn't a problem, but there is 3 new scenarios in the rulebook that is not included in the old edition, thus not available in the english rulebook posted here. I offered some GeekGold to anyone posting a translation of said scenarios, but so far none have appeared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hakko504 (#48893),

getting the english Cities & Knight should be OK.

Judging by http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam..., it seems that C&K has a number of cards in it. Will it matter if they are a different size to the SoC development cards I already have?

Seeya
Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjwills (#49668), Have you thought about just getting the original German expansions. You might want to check the BGG Marketplace I know you can find some there at good prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cva3 (#49789),

Thanks for the tip - will check it out.

Seeya
Matthew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cva3 (#49789),

The german original have the same kind of tiles as the english edition, and should not be mixed with the new german edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hakko504 (#49980),

The german original have the same kind of tiles as the english edition, and should not be mixed with the new german edition.

My understanding is that my edition is not the german original (see my first post).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjwills (#49984),

My understanding is that my edition is not the german original (see my first post).

My point exactly. Get the new german version of seefahrers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.