Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Fernandes
France
flag msg tools
In Seafarers the rules state:
'You cannot move any ships in a closed shipping lane.'

My question is:
If I have a shipping lane that has branches and one of the branches closes the shipping lane...Does this mean that i can no longer move ships in the other open branches? Is a shipping lane with branches considered 1 shipping lane or multiple shipping lanes with a common homeport?

Thanks for taking the time to help with my question.

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am interpreting the rules correctly:

Rule 5. Moving Ships p5

Part 3 You may move the ship that is at the end of a shipping route that is not conected to the "homeport for that route. The homeport is the settlement or cty adjacent to the first ship in the route. If the route has branches then there may be a number of ships eligible for movement.

This says to me that as long as the branch does not leat to a "homeport" then it can be moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret it the same way as Sean. Only the main branch is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my take is YES as well. U can move the ships (1 per turn of course) that are NOT part of the closed shippign lane. Branches off closed shipping lanes are OK to move since it does NOT leave a gap between 2 of your diff setts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.