2 Posts

Battleball» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
While the main group was finishing their game of RA, Nick and I set up Battleball on the coffee table for one go at it. We decided to play with special abilities this time, just to see how the full game played out.

I took control of the Wolves, he got the Harts. You can choose to change your team's special ability at the beginning of each quarter. I chose to start with the "Linebackers win ties" ability, Nick chose to let his heavy tackle move on the total of both d6s(!).

I again set up with my favored left-sided Trips formation, with all three d20s, and the hopefully-supercharged-d8s blocking for them. My heavy tackle was set up in the middle to provide cover. I set up my lone d6 on the other side as an option. Nick had a more balanced setup. The Harts grabbed the ball, and Nick handed off to the Big Guy and he went rumbling downfield with his 2d6 movement.Had no choice but to meet him with my own heavy tackle. Luckily, they eliminated each other with "2"s. From there, my tie-winning linebackers went to work, clearing out the left side while my d20s worked downfield. A pass from my d10 (who had picked up the ball) to a d20 sealed the deal as I had one d8 left after all the carnage. Touchdown, Wolves!

Nick changed his ability for the second quarter, to allowing all of his three d20s to move on a single d20 roll. Now, that's a nasty ability. I kept my tie-winning linebackers. Unfortunately for me, Nick's heavy tackle didn't take kindly to being bounced from the first period. He ended up with the ball, cleared everyone out, and rumbled into the endzone, leaving crumpled, bloody Iron Wolf carcasses behind him. Touchdown, Harts!

I had lost one of my tie-winning linebackers permanently in the second period, so I was forced to change my special ability. I selected the one that allowed my heavy tackle to attack all opponents in range. Nick stood on his ability. Lo and behold, In the first couple of plays I got my heavy tackle into position to take out all three of his d20s in one turn, a mistake on his part. Bam, bam, bam. Three up, three down. This became an all-out brawl, as our players met at midfield. I ended up on the short end, losing all but three of my players (the two d12s and a d10). Nick snuck a d8 behind my tattered line and got a pass in. Touchdown, Game, Harts!

Not bad for a dicefest. I don't really like the special abilities, as they turn an already-chaotic game into a total mess, but this wasn't meant to be a serious game anyway. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice write up, great to read about the advanced rules that come with the game, I havn't got to use them yet, yes I found this game way to late.......

You should try these advanced rules from Mr.Bistro - they rock and add so much strategy to the game - basically you get 3 guys to o per turn.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/28242

Enjoy and thanks for the session report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.