Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's the "Crack the Whip" card, or something similar, that gives the Persians an extra battle die if a general is in the battle.

If the general is part of a group that is greater than 3 units, and they are attacking into the Hot Gates (so only 3 units can attack), is it enough that he is in the battle space to play this card, or must he be one of the 3 units that is attacking?

I was prepared to allow it, but my son (playing as the Persians) made him one of the attackers, feeling he needed to be. I can imagine the general's influence being felt as he stands behind his troops, without having to be in the thick of it himself, so either way seems fair to me. What is the official ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the card is worded, the General need only be in the battle and does not need to be designated as one of the attacking units. A battle occurs between two designated battle spaces. Any Persian can be taken as a casualty when attacking into the Hot Gates so to my thinking they must be considered to be in the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Walt. That was my thinking too, especially because he can be nominated as a casualty. Nice to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Walt is correct. This goes for similar cards, too.

Thanks,

Andrew

---------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.