Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the joys of having children is being able to share some of life's finer pleasures with them -- like boardgames! I have managed to completely brainwash my 4-year-old, Grace, into always wanting to play games with Daddy. In fact, more often than not, she will play odd games that are not on her game shelf whenever I trot them out.

As it it, I love abstract strategy games. However, I do not get to play nearly as much as I would like. Thus, I have begun a systematic program of introducing my eldest child to this type of game. Luckily for me, she is game.

Tonight's entry is Dvonn. While I do not expect Grace to grasp the strategy of the game, I figure she can understand the placement and movement rules well enough. As is usual, she wants me to go first.

We place the pieces with no problems and commence to moving. After a couple of false starts, she picked up on the movement pretty quickly. While I tried to play somewhat tactically, her moves consisted solely of jumping one of her stacks on one of my pieces or one of the red pieces. For the mpst part her play is pretty harmless, but every now and then she makes a move that really alters the board. At those times I wonder if she is good or just lucky. At any rate, by game end, I have control over everything.

So how did the game go over? She immediately asks to play again. This, I must oblige

So, we set it up all over again and complete a second game, pretty much the same as the first, with the same ending. She still wants to play again -- later. Now it's time for the ice cream game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.