Subject: Question about Builders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Offutt
United States
LA
California
flag msg tools
I LOVE this game! I've gotten really good at working strategies to help me and foil my opponent (i've even told him what i'm doing and i can still beat him!). I am addicted!

I just got the traders and builders expansion, but the directions are confusing.
In "Further details", one says, "further extra turns are not allowed. thus if a player extends the road with his builder with his 2nd tile, (double turn), he does not get another turn." but then it says "as long as a road is not completed the builder remains there and the player may get double turns for extending the road"....

Sooo, does this mean, if you place a builder on the road, you get a second turn. then, the next time around, if you extend the road, you get ANOTHER second turn? Another words, can you keep taking second turns everytime as long as it is adding to the road? (or city). .

anyway, the builder is confusing to me. if anyone has details, please post and let me know...
thanks, incagirl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re:Question about Builders
incagirl (#49147),

You don't get a second turn when you play the builder.

Any time you play a tile that extends a road/city that has your builder, you may take another turn. However, you may only take one 'bonus' turn per go-around-the-table. In theory, you could wind up getting twice as many turns as the other players. But you can't take 3 or 4 or more turns in-a-row with nobody acting in between; the most turns you can get in a row is 2 (your normal one, plus one bonus one if you extend your builder's road/city with your normal turn). Then the person on your right must get a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy (#49154),

Er, player on your left. Or whoever is the 'next player' in whatever play sequencing you use.

Oh, for an 'edit' button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Offutt
United States
LA
California
flag msg tools
thatmarkguy (#49157),

ok, so that is what i thought....i was confused, though. thanks! another way to further foil my opponent! HA!
incagirl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burgess
United States
Ossining
New York
flag msg tools
incagirl (#49185),

Yes to the above. An easy way to think of it is that to use a builder, you have to follow this sequence:

Turn 1) Place City/road tile and place a "Meeple" on it.
Turn 2) Place adjoining city or road and place the Builder on the adjoining section.
Turn 3) Place a City or road tile to add to the existing city or road with the Meeple and Builder on it
**** Bonus Turn 3) Pick another tile and place it as normal (placing Meeple, scoring, etc.)

Regardless of whether you added to the City/road with the Meeple and builder on it in the Bonus turn, you do not get another bonus turn.

Turn 4 or later) Place another City or road tile adding to the existing city or road with the Meeple and Builder on it.
**** Bonus Turn 4+) Pick another tile and place it as normal (placing Meeple, scoring, etc.)

Even if the piece that you place completes the city or road with the Builder on it, you can still take a bonus turn (unless you've already taken one that turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.