Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up for those that don't visit the GMT site. A shipping update regarding CC: Med, Asia Engulfed, Conquest of Paradise, the two C & C Expansions, and the Holiday Special Orders has been posted:

Quote:

Here's an update on where we stand on shipping new P500 games and Holiday Special games to date:

1. We have finished shipping all P500 copies of Combat Commander: Mediterranean and Combat Commander Battle Pack #1: Paratroopers. We began shipping distributor orders of those items yesterday, and will continue through this Wednesday.

2. We are currently assembling both Asia Engulfed and Conquest of Paradise. We intend to begin shipping both games to P500 customers this coming Friday, November 30. We estimate it will take about a week to get all the P500 orders shipped out.

3. As you might imagine, a very high volume of Holiday Sale orders have made the shipping situation somewhat more difficult. We anticipate that you should not expect our normal "order today, we ship by tomorrow" service while we are shipping P500 games along with the special. We did begin shipping some of the Special-ordered games today, and will get those out just as quickly as possible. You can check status on your order by clicking on the order in your Account History. We're updating Order Status daily as we ship the games.

4. Looking a bit further out, we expect components for the two Commands & Colors expansions in the warehouse in the Dec 10-15 timeframe. Our intent is to build and ship those right away to get them to you before Christmas, if at all possible.

That's it for this time. We'll give you further updates as we progress. We hope all these new products heading your way will bring you many hours of fun.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

Congratulations to GMT for getting all of these great games out in the last two months of the year after a relatively slow first half, and thanks to them for again rewarding us P500 customers with a nice holiday special.

Looks like it will be a tight squeeze getting the C & C: Ancients Expansions out by Christmas. Luckily, I'll have Combat Commander: Mediterranean and Conquest of Paradise to soothe my pain.

Additionally, for those taking advantage of the P500 Holiday Special for the first time this year, my Holiday Special order last year took about two weeks to ship.

Now I can't wait to see if it will be FAB or Blackbeard shipping in January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jasonofindy wrote:

Additionally, for those taking advantage of the P500 Holiday Special for the first time this year, my Holiday Special order last year took about two weeks to ship.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!gulpsobluegulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:
Jasonofindy wrote:

Don't worry Rob, hopefully it won't be that long this year. Last year GMT added several games to the P500 on the same day as they announced the special AND all of the new P500 orders that were generated had to be processed by hand under the old website.

This year it appears the bottleneck is the large number of new releases that they are shipping this month. The new P500 items were added a few weeks ago, and I believe that all in stock orders on the new website are no longer processed/charged by hand. (Although P500 charges are apparently still temporarily being done by hand after a bit of a problem with the DIF charges).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaehl wrote:
And then, horror! Finally pulled the trigger on TS, found a buddy to play it with, we've both been reading he rules. . .and now not sure if I'm going to get one since they just went out of stock while my order is still being processed!!! cry

Somehow, I'll get over the loss. Somewhere there's a Guiness that needs a home.

It is probably not much consolation, but considering how fast they blew through their first two print runs, I doubt they will let this stay out of print for very long. Who knows, if the C & C Expansion #2 & #3 mounted boards prove popular, maybe the next edition of Twilight Struggle will include one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I just got the e-mail that it shipped!! Whoo-hoo!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wookie1 wrote:
wookie1 wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Yes, no..positive, negative...oh I get it...you're a bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.