Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike van Schijndel
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZuidHolland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.. what a great game! I really bought this without any idea what to expect, but it turned out to be one of the best buys of this year!

Anyways, we've played a couple of games, and theres still some things that are unclear to our group :

1) When 2 armies are in battle, and there are 2 opposing wizards, who gets the initiave? I'd guess it was the player who rolled the highest ROUND initiative, but Im not sure...

2) Can spells only be dispelled by a wizard thats involved in the combat it is cast in? Can you dispell a spell with a wizard whos is maybe half a continent away from the battle?

3) Theres a max of 1 mage per hex... Does this also mean they cannot pass through a hex containing a mage??

4) If elves get attacked in a forest hex with road, does the forest bonus still count or is this a 'road hex'?

Okay... Thats about it!

Thanks!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:A couple of questions (movement/spells etc)
FreakFire74 (#49171),

1) I'd have to check my game when I get home, but I believe the defending player always acts first, if that's waht you mean by initiative.
2) The wizard has to be in the same battle to dispell a spell, if you sue that rule.
3) I'll check.
4) A road hex doesn't effect combat except for hexside limits. For combat purposes a road hex is whatever the other terrain in the hex is (forest, swamp, mountain, clear, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike van Schijndel
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZuidHolland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamer55 (#49172),

1) Of course! How silly I overlooked that rule!

4) Great!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakFire74 (#49171),

3. The rules indeed don't specifically make this clear, but it's obvious this rule's purpose is to prevend you from having 2 or more wizards engaged in the same battle. I see no reason why it wouldn't be allowed for a wizard to cross a hex already containing a wizard (if this one isn't battling yet, of course).
By all means, don't rely to much on the given rules and feel free to adjust them and to introduce house rules. Remember, this game is nothing more than a kit... There are several flaws in the original rules, and sooner or later you will face some situations that aren't covered by the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamer55 wrote:
4) A road hex doesn't effect combat except for hexside limits. For combat purposes a road hex is whatever the other terrain in the hex is (forest, swamp, mountain, clear, etc.)

Just one correction: a road does not affect hexside limits, it only provides a means for ground units to cross generally impassible hexsides (mountain, river, or sea) and allows additional movement if all movement is along that road. However, the hexside limit is determined by the terrain type of the hexside, regardless of any road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike van Schijndel
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZuidHolland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for these comments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.