Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Barylski
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went back and re-read the rules. Taught two older kids to play. Game was a big let down... again. This one just doesn't float my boat. I like exploration, but this is light on exploration and too heavy on time for that. The first player seemed always to be shortchanged on money. Could not evade that problem for most of the game. I rated it a 4 since I will not suggest to play this ever again. I could get talked into it, maybe once a year.

I know the game is better than I am seeing. But both plays have been very dull. The first was sooooo long that I didn't care anymore. People complain about War of the Ring being long. Since I now can play WotR in 2+ hours it isn't much longer than Entdecker. And it has soooo many more choices. More stuff going on. Draws you in. At no point did I feel like an explorer in playing Entdecker. Just so disjointed and very euro flavored. Settlers doesn't feel like this to me. I guess to each their own.

Still thinking about Through the Ages - I really want this, but pre-ordering without knowing the quality is a no go. I bought El Grande before finding that it had numerous issues in the printing (and flimsy cards). I don't want to play TtA a couple of times and have worn cards. I expect to sleeve them so maybe it doesn't matter. Or I want the rules online, that would help. Something, anything. $70 is probably fine if the game is what it appears to be and is made well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.