Mary Cruickshank
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Good Morning BGGers,

I've received multiple calls this week from game stores that have sold out their inventory of Box of Golf during this past weekend. Whether it's due to the Boston Globe's attention to Box of Golf, a ripple effect from Origins and WBC or just BGGers shopping early, Box of Golf, Inc. wants to say THANK YOU to all those that have purchased games in the past couple of years, months and days.

We are grateful for all of the stories that have been sent our way with regards to rounds of Box of Golf. It brings joy to our office when we hear from the many players.

If you own a game store and would like to stock Box of Golf for the holidays, please contact me. If you would like a game sent to a relative halfway across the country, we'll ship it direct to them. If Santa needs a little help, we'll be shipping Monday - Friday from now until Friday, 12/21/07.

Happy Holidays to all BGGers!

Mary Cruickshank
President
Box of Golf, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news. Does this mean the new model (outsourcing the logistics center) is working out for you? Does it mean the cash flow will be to the point where new courses will be available soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Cruickshank
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Randy Cox wrote:
That's good news. Does this mean the new model (outsourcing the logistics center) is working out for you? Does it mean the cash flow will be to the point where new courses will be available soon?

I'm working on it Randy. I do not expect anything new for this holiday season but with sales continuing as consistently as they have been I hope to be able to do something 1st quarter next year.

(I have to head to the airport...would love to chat with you more tomorrow!)

Enjoy the balance of the day!
Mary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to new course expansions. How do you think that would be produced? Will there be an entire new box of golf, or will the inserts sell seperately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Cruickshank
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
sigtaulefty wrote:
Looking forward to new course expansions. How do you think that would be produced? Will there be an entire new box of golf, or will the inserts sell seperately?

I expect that inserts will sell separately or in groups. We've already designed packaging for library style boxes: one, two or four courses at a time.

Once the holiday rush has passed and our new distribution center is completely set-up then Box of Golf, Inc. will be looking at 2008 and the opportunities for new courses...whether they are "actual" courses OR graphically designed ones specifically for Box of Golf game play. There is soooo much opportunity with Box of Golf and I expect that 2008 will be a banner year!

I have asked on BGG for ideas for actual courses to be produced (and continue to grow that list). But we are also investigating the possibility of some courses similar to our Original Course, which is not an actual course. When I say similar to our Original Course I am only using that as a reference in that it would not be an actual course. There are ideas bouncing around for a set of FOUR courses...the DESERT course, the WATER course, the MOUNTAIN course and the LINKS. But we are still in the brainstorming mode.

IDEAS are ALWAYS welcome!!

Mary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Multiple game stores SELL OUT of Box of Golf last weeken
I hope that the lead I sent you works out -- any plans in the future for a kid's version? Something like Box of Mini-Golf? Box of putt-putt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Cruickshank
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
sigtaulefty wrote:
I hope that the lead I sent you works out -- any plans in the future for a kid's version? Something like Box of Mini-Golf? Box of putt-putt?

Actually...yes, those ideas have surfaced along the way. I am in the process of evaluating ALL of our options for 2008 and beyond. What age range are you referencing?

Mary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, not for me personally. I don't have kids yet, so I'm not referencing anything specific but I would imagine a putt putt BOG game would intrigue a range of 7-8 and above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Cruickshank
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
sigtaulefty wrote:
well, not for me personally. I don't have kids yet, so I'm not referencing anything specific but I would imagine a putt putt BOG game would intrigue a range of 7-8 and above.

Makes sense. I'm adding it to my GROWING list of ideas.

THANKS!
Mary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.