Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Well, at least it's not raining.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having trouble building my first city...

During Upkeep, I have to decimate Tribes that are in excess of the number of resource symbols I have in a region. Most regions can only support 2 Tribes.

A city needs 4 Tribes, or actually 5 tribes, since their must always be a Tribe leftover in the region. How do I get 5 Tribes together in one place? Do I build up tribes in two neighbouring regions then get them together to build a City?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Slomiany
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, you've pretty much answered it yourself! Since upkeep occurs at the end of a round, but tribe growth and movement occurs at the start, you simply have to have enough Tribes multiplying themselves, and then move a bunch of them into the Region where you want to build your city.

At that point, you can start to use your city to support additional Tribes and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an order of occurance issue:

Your 4 tribes build the city -before- the upkeep, which is when you remove excess tribes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.