Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rowan Derrick
United States
Los Alamos/Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
After stumbling through the translation, my father grabbed me and a few of my friends to give this a whirl. Everyone gets a different color Zorro, a horse, and some cards.

Several cards/tiles are laid out in a line, each separated into different "tracks" - you pick a track and have to fight through it. On each part of your track, there will be different numbers of soldiers, so depending on your swordsmanship, you can advance through them or get stuck trying to fight them again and again.

Each turn, you select one of your cards to play, and everyone turns their cards up at once. Some of the cards, the ones you'll play most often, have swords on them. You use them to fight Alcalde's soldiers. The other two cards have Alcalde and a monk. The Alcalde card lets you rearrange the soldiers some. The monk makes it so there's no fighting. Unless of course, two Alcaldes or two monks are played. Then they cancel each other out and you cry. Your horse allows you to switch tracks once during the game.

Since once you play a card, it's used up for the round, there's some bluffing and strategy involved. Being particularly bad at this sort of bluffing, my Zorro had some hard times. My dear friends and sometimes my loving father had a knack for playing an Alcalde when I made my big move into battle. Suffice to say, I didn't win this one.

I enjoyed it, though, which is what really matters. It's a cute theme and a fine mechanism, though not too demanding on the ol' brain cells. If you come across it, you should give it a play, especially since it doesn't seem to be a common game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.