Popular Tags: [View All]
(Chuck Singer)
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This happend last night...
My hand wasn't great, but I did have several pairs and a set of twos.
I get passed a 2 from my RHO completing my bomb - yeah!
My LHO calls Tichu.

My RHO announces he has the Mah Jong but chooses not to play it.. Why? I have no idea. He plays a pair of threes. I play a pair of 10s. LHO plays a pair of Kings. My partner passes and so does my RHO. I decide to bomb the 40pts because I didn't think my bomb would last much longer with my RHO still with the 1 and wish at his disposal. I was still giddy that RHO didn't suck out my bomb!

Several plays later - my LHO is down to one card and I'm down to six cards ( A, J, 5, 5, 4, Phoenix ). My RHO dragons a single card for the lead - plays the Mah Jong and wishes .. for a 4!

A 4!!!!! ARRGGHGHGHG!!!!
Needless to say - 4 was a low enough single to let his partner go out. Good job RHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which is the amazing part. I often save the 1 to play later in the hand. I remember one recent hand where two players had gone out, I came on lead with two cards in my hand that were 1, 3. Led the 1 and called for a 2, my remaining opponent had to play it and I went out 3rd. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Chuck Singer)
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the highs and lows that made it amazing to me. Almost everytime the 1 is played first and the wish is for what is passed - amazing that this one time it wasn't played when the passed card completed a bomb.

Then amazing that the 1 came back to save a tichu - as the wish was made for a card that I had in my hand - just a lucky guess based on what was played already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.