7 Posts

Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules clarifications? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Engar of Ager
msg tools
mbmb
Here's couple rules that are still unclear to our gaming group. There's also solution for them how we have played those situations. What do you think?

Bauhaus special ability

If Bauhaus Doomtrooper fires into two different squares with Nimrod does he get +1 extra die to each or does he fire 4
dice to one square and 3 dice to another.

House rules: We play so that he gets 4 dice to each square. We take rulebook literally. Nimrod special rules say that
roll 3 dice against each target and we consider these separate attacks. Max Steiner with Nimrod is deadly.

Combat Medic unit and healing

Can Combat medic unit or Coagulant auto-injector be used any time? Even on DL players turn!? Combat medic unit card says
that it has to be used before Doomtrooper is eliminated. Does this mean that Coagulant auto-injector can be used after
Doomtrooper reaches zero wounds? Can he have negative wounds and immediately use Coagulant auto-injector?

House rules: You can use Combat medic unit and Coagulant auto-injector even in other players turn. You can use Coagulant
auto-injector immediately after you reach zero wounds or negative wounds. Combat medic unit cannot be used when you
reach zero wounds. So when you have two wounds left and nepharite is going to attack, you have to decide before DL
player rolls for hits. If you decide to use it in two wounds you'll waste one point of healing, but avoid getting killed
if DL player rolls three or more hits on you. Medic and Medicine Injector Doomtrooper cards can be used anytime. Even
when you have zero or negative wounds as long as you use them immediately.

Command Helmet

Does this card give one of your Doomtroopers +1 extra action per round or does it just allow him to use one extra action
more on every round? For example normally Doomtrooper can use maximum of 4 actions per round and with command helmet 5?

House rules: We have played so that Command helmet gives +1 extra action per round to Doomtrooper who's wearing it. Now
I read the text in card again and now I'm not sure what to think about it.

Disruptor

If you mount Disruptor and Grenade Launcher to Plasma Carbine do each target in area of effect get -1 to their armor or
just the one in the middle? What about Disruptor and Gehenna puker or Nimrod when firing two squares? If a Doomtrooper
is armed with Punisher Combo/Violator Combo and Disruptor and attacks in close combat does target get -1 to their armor?

House rules: We haven't actually decided anything about this yet. Except that Disruptor doesn't work in close combat.
I have three different points of view how to think about this:

Literal "Rulebook is the law" point of view: Disruptor card reads "All targets get -1 to their Armor.". Every model
in area of effect of Grenade Launchers, Gehenna Pukers and Nimrods suffer -1 to their armor.

Drama point of view: Disruptor sends a beam roughly 30cm in diameter which alters atomic structure of targets armour
so that bullets can penetrate it more easily. In top of that it changes atomic structure of targets body and organs
resulting horrible pain as victim collapses deformed heap. Only model in the center suffers -1 to armor when using
Grenade Launcher. When using Gehenna Puker only first model in line of fire gets -1 to armor as Disruptors doesn't have
enough energy to pass entarily through bodies. Both targets suffer -1 armor when firing Nimrod while Doomtrooper is
wildy swinging autocannon from side to side firing short bursts.

How the game desingers meant it to be because of games balance -point of view: We are not sure if the area effect weapon
+ disruptor combo too good. We should test it by playing dozens of games and making records about it how it works.
Plasma Carbine + Grenade Launcher + Disruptor combo costs 5 credits and it's more expensive than best firearm Nimrod.
Sure it's good but it's also expensive. On the other it might be hard to get that combo because other players choose
one of the equipments before you get you hands on both of them. Experienced DL -player will not put his models close
to each other so you could get full benefit of grenade launcher.

Movement boost and False orders Doomtrooper cards

Can you move on other players turn with these cards? You can seriously make DL players game harder by moving away from
them in their turn or slip past legioinnare wall that is blocking corridor if you could. Or you could spoil entire
mission of another Doomtrooper player by moving away him from objective. He does not have time to come back because
missions have often very short time limit.

House rules: First time one player asked me can you move on other players turn I said no you can't. But thinking again
you could actually.

Escaping from board

Can Doomtrooper escape from any sector?

House rules: Doomtroopers can only exit from Doomtrooper entrance points. Useful tactic in mission #2. If escape from
Ezoghoul seems hopeless Doomtroopes escape from the point of they got in. DL -player gets still credits but atleast
Doomtrooper player doesn't get -1 credits for each Doomtrooper killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am no super-expert but I'll give my point of view:

Hand of Glory wrote:
If Bauhaus Doomtrooper fires into two different squares with Nimrod does he get +1 extra die to each or does he fire 4 dice to one square and 3 dice to another.

4 dice to both. He is vicious.

Hand of Glory wrote:
Can Combat medic unit or Coagulant auto-injector be used any time? Even on DL players turn!?

Coagulant AUTO-injector caused us to think this this can be activated the moment of fatal injury, i.e. when health raches 0. The medic however, is manually activated (or so whe interpreted it) and thus cannot be used out of turn or when at 0 health.

So… shortly, just like you interpreted them.

Hand of Glory wrote:
Command Helmet Does this card give one of your Doomtroopers +1 extra action per round or does it just allow him to use one extra action more on every round?

It gives the DT team one extra action. It can be the guy with the helmet or his partner. i'm pretty sure of this, though I don't know why.

Hand of Glory wrote:
If you mount Disruptor and Grenade Launcher to Plasma Carbine do each target in area of effect get -1 to their armor or
just the one in the middle?

Ah, the disruptor. Yes, we argued about this. This is what we ended up with:
Disruptor is only effective on the aimed target, not the whole effect area. And it does NOT work with a close combat whatever. Reason? It doesn't make sense.

In short… just like you interpreted it. Disruptor + grenade/gehenna = only aimed target get -1. Disruptor + violator = doesn't work.

Hand of Glory wrote:
Can you move on other players turn with these cards?

We never used the "negative" side of the DT cards on each other that much so I can't say we tried to exploit them. However, we decided that you can NOT use an effect that is very much supposed to be bad, on yourself, achieving something good on yourself.

Hand of Glory wrote:

I think I read something about that they can only escape from the starting route. However, no one ever escaped, so…

Escept mission #2. In that specific mission, we said you can ONLY escape from the designated exit. Sigh… I hate those molecular phasers…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Warrior
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my Solutions to Some of these Questions
Grenade Launcher and Disruptor

My own house rule on this is that these two weapon attachments cannot be used on the same weapon (Plasma Carbine, since the launcher can only be used on it), because both of their descriptions state that they are mounted under or underneath the weapon. From their appearance on the Equipment Cards, I reason that there is just not room for both of them to be attached to the same weapon.

A further note: since the Grenade Launcher is an attachment to a weapon, I allow in each action that the Doomtrooper can either shoot with the Greande Launcher (with the 3 Red Dice and special effect) OR with the Plasma Carbine (with the current Rank dice but may only damage one target as usual). This can provide for some tactical choices throughout the mission and make the weapon/attachment combination a bit more feasible.

Advanced Grenade Launcher

I thought someone might like to include this new weapon attachment in their Doomtrooper Equipment Card Deck:

Disruptor and Gehenna Puker

My own rule is that the -1 armour applies to all targets hit. But, then again, I seldom choose the puker for my troopers, because the Dark Legion seems too smart to line up properly for me -- so this might be too nice to the troopers. lol Note: I have mostly played this game solo, and constantly find myself being outsmarted by myself.

Max Steiner and the Autocannon (same as Autocannon with Explosive Ammo)

I rule that the extra attack dice is only added once. So, if used as one blast (normally 6 dice against one target), then Max would roll 7 dice. If used against two targets (normally 3 dice against each), then Max decides which target has 4 dice and which has 3 dice used against it.

Command Helm

I treat it as one Extra Action per round for the Doomtrooper wearing it, but that the Doomtrooper is still limited to the maximum of 4 actions per turn. Note: I like giving this Helm to one of the Imperial Doomtroopers so that they effectively get three actions per round each, with the flexibility of letting the one with the Helm do four actions and the one without only doing two (unless another regular Extra Action is used).

Movement Boost/False Orders Doomtrooper Cards

I treat it just as it reads:
Quote:
This may be used at any time and gives your Doomtroopers one free movement action each immediately.
Any time means just that, except that it CANNOT be played while another Doomtrooper Card is in effect (same applies to all Doomtrooper Cards). The word free I take to mean that this does NOT count against your Doomtroopers' maximum number of actions per round.

I would add though that I would NOT allow this movement action to interrupt another model's action. It seems that each action must be completed once it is begun. For example, say an Ezoghoul just finished a movement action next to one of your Doomtroopers... You could then immediately play the Movement Boost Doomtrooper Card to try to get away. BUT, once the Ezoghoul's player has rolled the attack dice for its next action (in Close Combat) the Movement Boost card could NOT be played until after the damage (if any) is applied.

Generally, I would apply the same stipulations as above to the Faulty Orders Doomtrooper Card.

Escaping the Board

Quote:

House rules: Doomtroopers can only exit from Doomtrooper entrance points. Useful tactic in mission #2. If escape from
Ezoghoul seems hopeless Doomtroopes escape from the point of they got in. DL -player gets still credits but atleast

I really like your thinking about this issue. I don't think I have ever thought of that possibility.

EDIT: But, I have to agree with the one who posted an answer before me -- it really should only be that the Doomtroopers can exit from the "Exit", because the whole flavor of the mission seems to be that there is only one way out of the trap, and it is awfully hard to get to it. oh dear! cry

EDIT 2: Oh, yeah, I thought I would mention that I allow a Doomtrooper carrying the Auto-injector to apply it to himself OR to any adjacent Doomtrooper. But, this may only be done while the Doomtrooper carrying the injector is above 0 Wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm wood
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I do not think that the disrupter can be used with the Gehenna Puker. The disrupter states it is an under barrel mount for a firearm and the Gehenna Puker is a flame thrower not a firearm. Same for the laser sight which states it is for missile weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone sees this, I just submitted an updated file for OldWarrior's Advanced Grenade Launcher. I updated the text to match the original card's, blended the background and fit the weapon into the chain border.

Thanks, OldWarrior for supplying the card! I plan on using it in the near future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Warrior
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petru5 wrote:
If anyone sees this, I just submitted an updated file for OldWarrior's Advanced Grenade Launcher. I updated the text to match the original card's, blended the background and fit the weapon into the chain border.

Thanks, OldWarrior for supplying the card! I plan on using it in the near future!

I will have to go look at your work. You are welcome!

EDIT: Excellent improvement on my addition! Thanks for making it better.

EDIT 2: Here is the improved Advanced Grenade Launcher Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Olsson
Ireland
Mayo
flag msg tools
Zimeon wrote:
Hand of Glory wrote:
Can Combat medic unit or Coagulant auto-injector be used any time? Even on DL players turn!?

Coagulant AUTO-injector caused us to think this this can be activated the moment of fatal injury, i.e. when health raches 0. The medic however, is manually activated (or so whe interpreted it) and thus cannot be used out of turn or when at 0 health.

So… shortly, just like you interpreted them.

However logic it might seem, I would say that it's actually the other way around.

Modern day soldiers carry auto-injectors whenever they go on missions. Auto-injectors is not, as the name sugests, something that is used automatically but rather it's a medical device designed to deliver a single dose of a particular (typically life-saving) drug.

Most autoinjectors are spring-loaded syringes. By design, autoinjectors are easy to use and are intended for self-administration by patients. The site of injection depends on the drug loaded, but it typically is administered into the thigh or the buttocks. The injectors were initially designed to overcome the hesitation associated with self-administration of needle-based drugs.

So, autoinjectors are something you need to use manually while the combat medic unit would be something you could use automatically.

Besides the real-life reference, if you look at the pictures you see that the autoinjector has a pistol-handle whilst the combat medic looks like a robot.

I would allow out of turn use of any/both of these items.

Hand of Glory wrote:
Escaping from board

Yes. Unless the mission description states otherwise (missions 1, 2, 7 in the missions booklet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.